Can someone please help. I'm losing hope.

I've bleached, dyed, and straightened my hair so much, I had to get 5 inches cut off.
I got a half inch cut off last month, but my ends are so so so so dry. It feel like fake damaged extensions. The top of my head is soft, but you get to the bottom, its rough. Feels like fried ends , but I just got it cut.

I've tried treatments, doesn't seem to be working.
I stopped dying, and straitening it.

Anyone suggest anything that ACTUALLY works, and isnt too expensive.
Please, and thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on May. 31, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• Warm up some olive oil in the microwave (not too hot don't want to burn yourself) and rub it all over your hair, wrap your hair in a warm towel straight from the dryer and leave your hair wrapped for at least 30 minutes, then rinse. This is my quick, cheap (free because I always have olive oil in the kitchen). I suggest you do not blow dry, color or straighten for a while.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:32 PM on May. 31, 2013

• Put a deep conditioner on your hair, wrap in a towel or plastic cap and leave it on for an hour or so. When you deep condition leave a little on your hair. Keep your hair trimmed.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 10:33 PM on May. 31, 2013

• My suggestion would be to get it cur really short and allow the undamaged hair to grow.
    I was told that it is very important to condition your hair every time you wash it.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:34 PM on May. 31, 2013

• You may have to go really short and start over. I just recently had to do that myself. Luckily, I ended up liking the cut I got enough to not cry every morning. It's now growing out nicely and is very healthy.

Remember that the ends of your hair are dead. You can make it look better cosmetically but there really isn't any sort of making it come alive again.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:35 PM on May. 31, 2013

• I'm not sure if it would work the same way, but when my hair got dried out like scarecrow straw from constant exposure to chlorine--I was on the high school swim team--one of the coaches told me to use mayonnaise, of all things. I had a jar of mayo in the fridge just for my hair, and before I washed it, I would rub as much goop in from the jar as I could and then cover my head with plastic wrap and sit like that, basically till the smell won out and I couldn't stand it, at least an hour. Then I'd wash it off and treat my hair with a rinse-out conditioner in the shower. It did seem to help put moisture back into the ends of my hair. It might be worth a try, especially since if it doesn't work, all you'll lose is a big handful of mayo and some plastic wrap. Good luck.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:41 PM on May. 31, 2013

• Okay.
    I'm contemplating on just cutting my hair but its already short, its right above my boob. (thats short to me)
    If i try these treatments, will it revive my hair? become soft and keep growing?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:47 PM on May. 31, 2013

• No when I say short, I mean short lol.  This is how I did mine:

Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:59 PM on May. 31, 2013

• My 12 yo dd had the same problem with her hair. The stylist cut off about 6 inches and told her not to wash all the conditioner out of her hair, massage the conditioner in, rinse quickly to get most of it and let it air dry. And don't wash it every day.

Answer by missanc at 11:15 PM on May. 31, 2013

• Oh my....I could NOT pull that hair style off. LOL!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:24 PM on May. 31, 2013

• You can over process to the point where you have "dead" hair and no conditioner or treatment will fix it. I suggest going to a Cosmetologist and getting a professional opinion. Why not go for the short hair ? It will grow out. Change can be great.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 11:31 PM on May. 31, 2013