Excuse my language. IM PISSED!!!!!

I was having a conversation with my best friend, and I told my boyfriend she was going to school for nursing, and she wanted to maybe one day work with me at a hospital, I'm studying for medical assistant. When I told my boyfriend this, he had this jealous look on his face, and goes "wow shes going for nursing.? Don't work with her, tell her to find her own job". To me he sounded jealous she was going for nursing, and I wasn't because then he goes "I want you to go to school for nursing" in a moping kind of way...

This pissed me off because I'm already struggling in school to be a medical assistant, let alone a nurse!!! This ungrateful little sh*t, is telling me to go to school for nursing, but not in a advice manner, but rather in a , they make great money manner!!! Why can't he be happy for me now, and congratulate me for what I am trying do now. ? How dare he? I feel like total shit now... That hurt my feelings. He's jealous that my best friend is going to be a nurse. He also mentioned how much she will make in a year.

What do you think of someone like this, judging by what I told you?
My gut feeling is to leave this asshole!!!! Uungrateful, unappreciative, shallow prick is what I'm thinking.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Jun. 1, 2013 in Relationships

• I can tell you feel hurt because you've been working hard, and it doesn't sound like your boyfriend appreciates your efforts. How long have you been together? Are you having other problems? Because this in itself wouldn't send up a red flag for me. Your boyfriend might have been trying to encourage you, not put you down. I wasn't there to hear the tones of voice and all, but maybe he just wanted you to think about broadening your horizons. What sends up the red flag for me is your venomous reaction to what your boyfriend said, like perhaps it's not the first time you've felt unappreciated, so there's a lot of anger built up that has exploded out because of this latest exchange.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:22 AM on Jun. 1, 2013

• It sounds like there has to be way more going on than just this one example. If this is truly all there is, I think you're overreacting a bit.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:25 AM on Jun. 1, 2013

• Well his tone was a moping tone...like a whiny tony. "I want you to go to school for nursing" AFTER I told him my bestfriend was going to school for it. To me...It sounds like all he is thinking about is money, money, money. $$$$
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:28 AM on Jun. 1, 2013

• Well money money money makes the world to round.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 1:09 AM on Jun. 1, 2013

• Your partner should speak to you in a manner that lifts you up, not one that puts you down.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:59 AM on Jun. 1, 2013

• Men are more practical. He just saw the money and wanted that for you. I don't think he was insulting you. You know what you want to do. You don't have to do what others think you should do anyway.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:34 AM on Jun. 1, 2013

• Time to find a new boyfriend

Answer by louise2 at 8:10 AM on Jun. 1, 2013

• Nursing would be a better field than Medical Assistant.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 8:24 AM on Jun. 1, 2013

• Money may make the world go round but doing what you want in life will only make you happy. If he doesn't like what your doing and will only put you down then maybe it's time to move on. Don't change what you want to do in life for a man.
    megclark22

Answer by megclark22 at 10:02 AM on Jun. 1, 2013

• Yeah, nurses may make a decent wage, but you gotta remember all the crap they got to do, sometimes literal crap. My mom and sister are both nurses and the stories the tell. My sister works in a nursery, so her job isn't as difficult, but my mom works a med-surg floor and wiping grown people's butts isn't so great. Lol
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 12:24 PM on Jun. 1, 2013