How in the hell can something like happen, and NOBODY, FU**ING no one at all, namely big time media report on this?!?? adult content

I saw this story on my FB page about a 3rd student forced to perform oral sex on three male classmates at Harlem school. One was in the 5th grade and the other 2 were also in the 3rd grade in New York public school. Not only did the 5th grader do this to the that little boy, this 5th grader did it once before back in 2009-2010 when he touched a third-grade girl under her skirt during a reading class.  And folks are more concerned about gun control?? Well hell, who can blame them? When that 3rd grader gets older he just might decide to get a gun himself and shoot the little punks who ruined his life when he was 8 and in the 3rd grade. 

Sorry, I am a little pissed off at the fact the principle at the time, Charyn Koppelson was there at the first incident with the little girl, did nothing to discipline the boy. He was also allowed to continue at the school without further oversight. Koppelson had been gone from the school a month, and a new principal, Josephine Bazan, had taken her place, when the oral rape against the third-grader took place. 

The 3rd grade little boy went straight to the teacher and told her what had happened, and the teacher went and told the Koppelson what happened and strangely enough failed to call the police! Really WTF was the principle thinking??? The school by law was supposed to notify the police of a crime on campus poses an “immediate safety emergency.” Apparently the administration did not believe that the presence of three juvenile rapists on campus was an emergency. But the principle called the mom and was told " “I don't know how to explain this to you, but your son was in the bathroom and was forced to perform oral sex on three boys.” 

A week ago, the third-grader’s mom filed a $6 million lawsuit against New York’s Education Department alleging that she and her son suffered compensable “emotional and psychological anguish” and that the school was culpable, not just for allowing the rape to happen, but for failing to take steps two years before, when it was clear that the fifth-grader was a sexual predator. 

Apparently, this school  has been on the state's list of “persistently dangerous” schools since 2011. Another question I have is the fact that nobody heard this kid screaming, that is if he did, I know most kids will. 

This is the only source I found for story that wasn't from a blog. I know some of you get anal about legitimate sources.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/boy-forced-perform-oral-sex-male-classmates-article-1.1359299

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:34 AM on Jun. 1, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Wow, how do 3rd graders even know about oral sex unless they see it online or see someone they know at home watching porn? Back in the day, you'd never hear of such things of 3rd graders. It would just be about catching cooties. Both parents and schools need to wake up. Just another reason why I would prefer home schooling.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 1:41 AM on Jun. 1, 2013

• How horrible, how shocking! I really am appalled that the predatory kid wasn't removed from the school or supervised at all times after the first incident two years ago. What happens to a kid to make him a sexual predator at the age of nine or ten or eleven?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:46 AM on Jun. 1, 2013

• The kid was most likely abused himself. Otherwise how would he even know what that stuff was?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:01 AM on Jun. 1, 2013

• HORRIBLE! The older boy was probably sexually abused. He learned this behavior from someone.
    ForestFairy09

Answer by ForestFairy09 at 2:03 AM on Jun. 1, 2013

• I agree with both of for sure! Which raises another question, wouldn't the teachers be able to pick up any signs of a child being abused? Especially after the first time?
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 2:34 AM on Jun. 1, 2013

• We can't get outraged and do something if we don't know. Thank you for bringing it to light. Shame on the media for not spending time rallying parents for something important like this. Bless this child's heart. No wonder states are broke. They have to keep paying for these lawsuits when they could have prevented the entire thing if they just followed the rules and reported it to the police and put the offender in a mental health facility to get help two years ago. Now there are more victims. So many children being harmed and growing up to perpetuate the same crime on another victim. So many people from all walks of life rallied for the teen girl that was drunk and got fingered by two football players. This needs to be out in the world as well and there needs to be justice for this child as well. It won't take away the Post Traumatic Stress he'll have to deal with for the rest of his life but there needs to be something done.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:29 AM on Jun. 1, 2013

• I weep for our youth.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:10 AM on Jun. 1, 2013

• I do too, Virginiamama! Our kids' innocence is so precious. Once it's gone, it's gone for good. This school should be turned on its A$$ until a new staff can be put in place, the old staff shouldn't be allowed to work with children again. The child who did this should've been kept away from the other kids until he received counseling. This should've been in his record! But too little, too late. I would've been close to murder if this happened to my kid!
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 10:00 AM on Jun. 1, 2013

• How can we be surprised when schools want to introduce Sex Ed in elementary? Think about all of the teachers that are just being housed and paid because they can't be fired and also can't be allowed around children. Think about how many instances there Re of bullying and even after all students have to sign a no-bullying contract, even when it happens the schools fail to hold those kids accountable and enforce their own policies. There is one reason these things happen and it's because the kids guilty of it either don't care about consequences or they know there will be none. Or possibly a combination of the two.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:26 AM on Jun. 1, 2013

• My husband worked in a New York school years ago, he reported a teacher that was having sex with the young girls(around 13 I believe). At first no one wanted to do anything about it, he kept up at it and finally the guy was fired and arrested, but my husband ended up having to leave as well as all the staff were angry at him for getting the guy arrested.

A lot of times the school just don't want to do anything about it as it is easier not to.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:26 PM on Jun. 1, 2013