Daughter not sleeping after traveling

Has anyone else had any issue with their kids having sleep issues after traveling. We went to Missouri this past week for a few days to visit my husbands Dad. We live in Illinois abd ut was only a 6 hour drive. We got there Monday evening around 5 and stayed till Wed around 7pm. Drove to St.Louis stayed at a hotel went to the zoo on Thursday then drove home Thursday afternoon. My kids were staying up much later their meals were all over the place. Well now my 4 year old is still awake its 1am and she went to bed at 8pm. Can traveling do this?

MommytoBe987

Asked by MommytoBe987 at 2:17 AM on Jun. 1, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Sure. Even if you didn't cross into a different time zone, the disruption in routine might do it. I'd encourage you to keep her up tomorrow as much as you can instead of letting her nap. That way her routine will start to stabilize and she'll go to bed near her normal time tomorrow night. Good luck, Mama--she may get grouchy on you!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:54 AM on Jun. 1, 2013

• It's normal. You will just have to work with her and she'll be back on track.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:17 AM on Jun. 1, 2013

• If they sleep a lot in the car it can.

Answer by louise2 at 7:59 AM on Jun. 1, 2013

• Her schedule was disrupted, and she has a lot of new experiences and memories to process. She'll settle in after a while.

Answer by Bmat at 8:13 AM on Jun. 1, 2013

• Yes I did that when I was little if u go to sleep or take a nap traveling u can get scared or u just can't sleep after I nap don't be weared that is just what happens
    Dshanti

Answer by Dshanti at 12:44 PM on Jun. 1, 2013

• Yes. My dd when she naps in the car or if she is with her grandparents. It will go back to normal.
    libramoon007

Answer by libramoon007 at 11:04 PM on Jun. 1, 2013