I feel so bad :(

Yesterday was an awful day at work, plus I have some sort of cold/bug or something, and after picking up son (2 & 1/2) from daycare and getting home and situated I was pretty quiet and in a mood. Anyway that night (2:30am, morning actually) my son woke up for some water...ok, fine, gave him water, then he wanted more, sigh, ok, here's some more....then he wants milk (this is all in the same one time he woke up at 2:30, not 3 separate occasions) , so I said "no, no more, it's time to lay down and go back to bed"! He cries, I keep saying "no son, lay down, now"! Well, finally I yelled "LAY DOWN NOW"! He cries more...I give in, and give him milk....SMH! I'm horrible for yelling at him, I never get upset because he wants a drink or drinks at night! And what was the point of yelling if I gave in anyway, which I usually never give in, I feel awful and stupid.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:36 AM on Jun. 1, 2013 in General Parenting

• You are only human mom, do not beat yourself over this, at least you were right in recognizing you were wrong....hugs!

Answer by older at 9:00 AM on Jun. 1, 2013

• Work through it and know you are a good mom. Give him extra hugs today and hug to you too!
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 9:45 AM on Jun. 1, 2013

• Aww Huges momma!!! Your only human we all get that way from time to time esp when were sick and just tired! Don't be so hard on yourself :)
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 10:05 AM on Jun. 1, 2013

• We've all been there, don't beat yourself up for it.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 11:10 AM on Jun. 1, 2013

• hugs

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:31 AM on Jun. 1, 2013

• I yell a lot more than I should, especially now with working midnight. No one is perfect. One little incident won't scar him for life.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 12:04 PM on Jun. 1, 2013

• I never let my kids drink in the middle of the night. Hard to potty train them. If you let the drink at night.
    From now on tell your child, no more drinking at night. Say that every night before bed.

Answer by louise2 at 12:10 PM on Jun. 1, 2013

• Just remembered.......my grandkids are allowed to have a spill proof water bottle near their bed so they can take sips during the night.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 1:01 PM on Jun. 1, 2013

• We've all had bad days. It's nothing to rake yourself over the coals about. Dust off and move on, Mom.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:01 PM on Jun. 1, 2013

• group hugbeen there and as the others have said, your only human. You do your best. Chin up.

AnonNdrag

Answer by AnonNdrag at 11:48 PM on Jun. 1, 2013