Did you have high blood pressure during pregnancy?

did you have high blood pressure in your pregnancy? how many weeks were you when it started to creep up? what measures did ob have you on ?

ALLSPORTMOM

Asked by ALLSPORTMOM at 3:28 PM on Jun. 1, 2013 in Pregnancy

• I had it prior to my second pregnancy. I went from my regular BP med which you can't take while pregnant to taking Methyldopa (Aldomet) for the entire pregnancy & was perfectly fine. I was checked regularly & more so at the end of the pregnancy (weekly) by my OBGYN. I was careful with my diet & weight gain ( I only gained 26 lbs. during the pregnancy). Eliminated all the salt I could & I had no issues at all. Methyldopa (Aldomet) is the only HBP med you can take while pregnant since it does not cross the placenta like the others. It worked well for me.
    Why are you concerned?
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:59 PM on Jun. 1, 2013

• I did with my first pregnancy started prob around 20 wks and cont til I delivered. I ended up on bed rest! At first when it just was slightly high they said just to take it easy but it didn't help at all! I was bed ridden til I was induced at 38 wks. I also started to dilate real early as well like around 23 weeks.
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 4:02 PM on Jun. 1, 2013

• Nope.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 4:08 PM on Jun. 1, 2013

• no concern as of yet ,but I been having headaches and was told this could be a sign . my last check up was last week and bp was perfect and has been . im 32weeks now so just wanna be careful .next aptm is on june 11th
    ALLSPORTMOM

Comment by ALLSPORTMOM (original poster) at 4:16 PM on Jun. 1, 2013

• I was blessed not to have to deal with that. I had mind-blowing morning sickness for months, but my blood pressure was fine. Good luck to you.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:33 PM on Jun. 1, 2013

• yes, it was awful with my first daughter. i think it really started to creep up when i gained too much weight, plus i was under a lot of stress with the "baby daddy". i was just told that if my headaches don't go away with rest, sleep or tylenol, to call her. i was also told to sleep on the side that wasn't swollen, and to drink lots of water, also to watch my salt intake. i never got pre-eclampsia but at my last doctor appointment at 38 weeks they induced because it was 170/110.

with my other two pregnancies, it started to elevate toward the end but nothing that caused concern.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:25 PM on Jun. 1, 2013

• Not until I went into labor, then it shot up immediately and they had to put something in my iv to help bring it down.

Answer by missanc at 6:13 PM on Jun. 1, 2013

• 90% of all headaches are due to dehydration! Drink lots and lots of water see if that helps!!
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 6:34 PM on Jun. 1, 2013