Have you seen the Bi-racial ad by General Mills?

An advertisement featuring a bi-racial family, selling cheerios has removed their you tube video because of all the negative, racist backlash.
WTH! I just don't understand!
Do you find this offensive?

PMSMom10

Asked by PMSMom10 at 10:49 PM on Jun. 1, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• OMG, that was adorable! Who the fuck gets offended by that?! People are idiots!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 2:10 PM on Jun. 2, 2013

• Do I find it offensive? A biracial family is nothing I would even think twice about. If I saw it and was only told that it was removed from youtube I woudln't have the foggiest idea of why. That is asinine.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:54 PM on Jun. 1, 2013

• I find it tragic that people are still getting offended by a biracial family in an ad in 2013, so much that the company who sponsored the ad has had it removed. Lest we think we've made strides against hate, we are reminded that we still have far to go.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:19 PM on Jun. 1, 2013

• I would not be offended by it. Why should race matter? You can't help who you fall in love with...of course legality plays an issue too so I would have a problem if it was a man who married a goat but race? Naw.
    AnonNdrag

Answer by AnonNdrag at 11:11 PM on Jun. 1, 2013

• Niot sure if this link will last, but here is the video of the General Mills ad...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYofm5d5Xdw&feature=youtu.be

I found it cute, and wondering what was racial about it...

Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:05 AM on Jun. 2, 2013

• I personally didn't even notice it was a biracial family until I saw all the hoopla and thought - oh yeah, I've seen that commercial. The fact that it was a biracial couple didn't even hit my radar.

Answer by missanc at 5:20 PM on Jun. 2, 2013

• I haven't seen the ad
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:10 PM on Jun. 1, 2013

• Wow! I don't know if I saw it or not because it wouldn't have really made an impression on me.

What are we back in the 1940s? Sad!
    Mermaid65

Answer by Mermaid65 at 11:38 PM on Jun. 1, 2013

• It's a very cute commercial.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:25 AM on Jun. 2, 2013

• I havent seen it (im in Australia) however I am not suprised, unfortunately their will always be people offended by this.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 1:07 AM on Jun. 2, 2013