Did you fall for the mermaid story on animal planet?

Well 3 million did, not I and can think of so many other things to do with that time.

by2013

Asked by by2013 at 10:50 PM on Jun. 1, 2013 in Entertainment

• I caught part of it and it was fascinating but not really believable. I agree with QM that some of the hypothesis were interesting.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 2:09 PM on Jun. 2, 2013

• I didn't watch the whole thing, but found some of their hypothesis interesting. Not necessarily believable, but then again I didn't watch the whole thing.  DD saw a clip of one of the digitized scenes with them swimming with dolphins and she is now super disappointed that mermaids are so ugly.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:53 PM on Jun. 1, 2013

• lol, I hadn't heard about it, but I bet it would have been fun to watch, at least, especially if you (generally speaking) knew the whole time that it was a gag.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:02 PM on Jun. 1, 2013

• Maybe I do have a life after all. I didn't have time to catch that one.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:15 PM on Jun. 1, 2013

• Didn't see it, but think I'd be disappointed! My son said the mermaids in the show were ugly! : (

Wanted to be a mermaid when I was a little girl! My friend's call me a mermaid because I love the water so much! And I collect beautiful mermaid art!
    Mermaid65

Answer by Mermaid65 at 11:20 PM on Jun. 1, 2013

• Yes and I am terrified of mermaids. That was a SCARY show!!!!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:52 PM on Jun. 1, 2013

• I read that a lot of it was made up or had no proof and the doctor was really an actor. But who knows. Its possible I wouldn't say they where actually 1/2 human but could of been or is a real creature. No one finds it amazing that inside a whales fin the bones are very similar to fingers
    Cherriemama831

Answer by Cherriemama831 at 12:22 AM on Jun. 2, 2013

• We watched it because my kids really wanted to, but I didn't believe it. I will admit that their theory about mermaids basically being a marine version of our evolution (that apes became us, but some went in the water, basically), is intriguing, although with no proof, I'm not rushing to think that that actually happened. I never saw any disclaimer on it, though.

As I told my sons: Maybe mermaids do exist. Aliens, ghosts, vampires, all that kind of stuff just might exist. I can't say it doesn't, since I've never seen it. I can't say it does, though either, because I've never seen it. So I'll keep an open mind, but I won't believe a show as obviously fake as this one was.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:17 AM on Jun. 2, 2013

• QuinnMae They did have a disclamer at the end. Did not see it , just saw the promos . Got the info on an inside edition show
    by2013

Comment by by2013 (original poster) at 10:58 PM on Jun. 1, 2013

• bandgeek521 It is funny, I just have so many shows on DVR did not feel like wasting time.
    by2013

Comment by by2013 (original poster) at 11:09 PM on Jun. 1, 2013