Is the S&M romance novel "50 Shades of Gray" all hype?

OK. I haven't read it, but I've heard about it. Is it worth  reading or overrated?

I love sex but not S &M. Generally, I love mystery novels and find romance novels boring.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 PM on Jun. 1, 2013 in Entertainment

• Idk Haven't read it. It's not really my thing. I am more into horror but I have heard mixed reviews. Some love it, some hate it. I guess you would have to read a few chapters and see for yourself. What I have heard is that although it was originally a Twilight fan fic, it has nothing to do with twilight or the original characters.
    AnonNdrag

Answer by AnonNdrag at 11:35 PM on Jun. 1, 2013

• I don't know. I don't read erotica. My cousin says that the one that tries to have a plot actually kind of sucks (I don't know if it's the second one or the first one). She likes the books, but I don't really know if she's into reading about S&M.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:37 PM on Jun. 1, 2013

• Read it. If you don't have some good sex by book 2 I'll send you some free nipple clamps.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:37 PM on Jun. 1, 2013

• It's Twilight fan fiction. All they did was change the names of the characters to make it legal. They didn't even fix the horrendous grammar.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:17 AM on Jun. 2, 2013

• Heard it's overrated and poorly written, and that the stuff in it is actually pretty tame

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:46 AM on Jun. 2, 2013

• I actually enjoyed it and am not in to romance or S&M either. It's really not at all as freaky as I'd expected. Spoiler alert, but he ends up falling for her and not making her do all his freaky shit. It does make you wish your husband was a gorgeous bazillionaire that you could bang in sneaky places whenever you felt the urge.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:55 AM on Jun. 2, 2013

• I wasn't impressed, and now with all the hype surrounding the movie I don't even want to watch that either. I liked the sex in different places, but I wasn't into the s&m part.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:32 AM on Jun. 2, 2013

• I did not like it it got boring after reading the same for a while.

Answer by older at 7:42 AM on Jun. 2, 2013

• It was very poorly written and the S&M sex in it is really tame. They were ok, but nothing I would get all excited about.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 1:00 PM on Jun. 2, 2013

• Umm yes. I've been in relationships way more kinky than that made up shit.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:58 PM on Jun. 2, 2013