What would you buy with 90 dollars to last a week? Maybe more.

I got English muffins, pasta and pasta sauce , mayo, fish, vegetables from farmers, peppers, deli ham. water. have on hand soup, oatmeal, butter should of got jam still have 5 dollars, forgot I also got some russet potatoes. I think I'm OK.

by2013

Asked by by2013 at 11:44 PM on Jun. 1, 2013 in Food & Drink

• If you spent 85 dollars on what you listed I think you did a terrible job shopping!
    Anonymous

• With 90 dollars I could feed my family of 4 for 2 weeks. But I am very good at shopping. I definitely think what you bought should not have added up to 90! You could always look into a food bank and maybe take a class on grocery shopping and money management.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:50 PM on Jun. 1, 2013

• I might have, but I bought multiples and not much in a market I like. One more item fruit bars. Not all was at the supper market the bulk was at the farmers , peaches ,avocados , spinach, celery . 20 of that went to non food items. I jut hope it all last.
    by2013

Comment by by2013 (original poster) at 11:53 PM on Jun. 1, 2013

• Where do yu live? The prices on those groceries seem awfully high. When I'm strapped, I buy peanut butter and bread, chili beans, eggs, oatmeal, pasta and sauce. How many are you feeding?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:01 AM on Jun. 2, 2013

• Ballad CA everything in is expensive I used coupons and everything most of what I got was fresh that came to about 15
    by2013

Comment by by2013 (original poster) at 12:06 AM on Jun. 2, 2013

• If it were me?
    eggs, pasta, sauce, bread, a bag of potatos, a bag of chicken breasts, tortillas, cheese, frozen veggies, rice, mushroom soup, milk, hamburger, oatmeal, bananas, ice cream sandwiches, refried beans, ramen, bagels, apple sauce, pork chops, toilet paper- and I'd still have about 30-35 dollars or so left for later in the week if I need something
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:09 AM on Jun. 2, 2013

• Ballad I have flour to make bread CA is where I 'm living things really expensive feeding 4
    by2013

Comment by by2013 (original poster) at 12:10 AM on Jun. 2, 2013

• I forgot top ramen and a chicken oh well.
    by2013

Comment by by2013 (original poster) at 12:14 AM on Jun. 2, 2013

• I'm in CA and I could get a shit ton to last a week on $90 for the 3 of us. I usually spend about $50 at the grocery store and another $20 on produce at the farmer's market store. At the grocery store I get a couple pounds of ground beef, pasta and sauce, cheese, milk, eggs, tortillas, and then other random meal ingredients that varies each week (mostly).
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:40 AM on Jun. 2, 2013

• i would make a big batch of spagetti sauce, when I make spagetti bolognese is can last for days, and people dont seem to get sick of eating it, I do make a mean one though lol if i say so myself.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 12:58 AM on Jun. 2, 2013