BAH!!!!

We just pcs'ed in April, paid pro rated rent for that month. they paid my husband the bah this month but its not the right amount! Anybody have this happen with Balfour Beatty? Does the military pay them a month behind or am I gonna have to scrape up the amount we are short? ahhh! They couldn't help me until tomorrow :*(

LuvMyMedic3ID

Asked by LuvMyMedic3ID at 9:19 AM on Jun. 2, 2013 in Military

• Military pay is paid a months behind. You do not get paid for that month, like June tell July. So everything is delayed a month. And the military is slow to pay what they owe you. But will be in a hurry to take the money you owe them. DH is retired Army. Dealt with this stuff for 20 years.    When PSCing aways have a savings.  And BAH is different everywhere  you go.

Answer by louise2 at 9:25 AM on Jun. 2, 2013

• BAH rates depend on where you live so it is based on the base you are stationed at. BTW a little research would have told you to stay away from Balfour Beatty

http://hqfortcarsonhousing.com/FortCarsonBAH.php

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:12 PM on Jun. 2, 2013

• In short when you live on base housing you should never really see your BAH as it is taken out in full by the privatized company that the base contracts with, regardless of what they rent out to civilians. They take your BAH in full. You're better off finding housing or an apartment elsewhere.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:18 PM on Jun. 2, 2013

• i understand how bah works and I have lived in balfour beatty housing before. this housing is a great deal and really nice for where we are located. I just don't understand what's going on with the housing allotment. I don't know if we need to pay rent or if they are a month behind in getting it from the military.
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Comment by LuvMyMedic3ID (original poster) at 1:39 PM on Jun. 2, 2013