Early labor sign? (TMI) adult content

WARNING:

*************TMI***********

All day I've had diarrhea & nausea and have looked up early signs of labor though some people say its a trigger to labor some claim its just a myth. I'm 38 weeks tomorrow and feeling the kiddo moving less & less these days / not as often but stronger. Is it true this is a sign of labor coming on? Has anyone else ever had this issue before? Or is it simply just due to food like other sites suggest?

amyt1988

Asked by amyt1988 at 3:19 PM on Jun. 2, 2013 in Pregnancy

• I had stomach issues before my kids were born.G/L But PLEASE call your OB/Midwife.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 3:21 PM on Jun. 2, 2013

• Diarrhea and nausea is not a sign of labor. Back pain, hip pain. Real labor is a sign of labor. Your water breaking too. You are eithe getting sick or you ate something wrong.

Answer by louise2 at 3:24 PM on Jun. 2, 2013

• Might be a sign, or might not be. You're close, though. Good luck.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:25 PM on Jun. 2, 2013

• Yes, it can be. Google it and you'll see several articles on it. Many times the bowels empty naturally when labor is setting in.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 3:49 PM on Jun. 2, 2013

• it could be my best friends mom did this 24hr before going into labor! but it could also be because of something that you ate...I would call your ob/mid-wife and see what they want you to do
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 5:06 PM on Jun. 2, 2013

• I remember having some loose bowels but no nausea before I went into labor with my first child. But, it was very early so only time will tell. You can mention it to your doctor/midwife if you aren't feeling well. Otherwise I wouldn't worry about it, just stay hydrated and rest especially if the nausea doesn't get better. Hunger, dehydration, fatigue can all trigger false contractions and make you feel worse, feel better soon.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 7:40 PM on Jun. 2, 2013

• Both vomiting and diarrhea cause the abdominal muscles to contract and that causes the uterus to become irritated and contract. So yes it can bring about labor under the right conditions. I personally have started labor this way. I was scheduled for induction, but the doctor ordered an enema first. We all know what those things do. It was enough that labor started on it's own without the Pitocin. So Yay for enemas. LOL
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:06 PM on Jun. 2, 2013

• I always vomited and had diarrhea in early labor. It's the body's way of cleaning itself out and can be a sign of early labor.

Answer by missanc at 10:12 PM on Jun. 2, 2013