Is it okay if I washed my hair with conditioner(and I haven't shampooed in 48 hrs) today and I am getting highlights today? Will my scalp be burned from the chemicals?

cgarza100

Asked by cgarza100 at 3:52 PM on Jun. 2, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• No, you will be fine.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:52 PM on Jun. 2, 2013

• yes you will be just fine....if you feel any burning from highlights( assuming your doing foil highlights) the stylist has put the lightner to close or on your sclap!

rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 5:00 PM on Jun. 2, 2013

• You will be fine. :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 7:10 PM on Jun. 2, 2013

• It's a good idea that chemical services be done on clean hair that has been cleansed with either a clarifying shampoo or clarifying treatment to remove hard water build up, product build up, etc. But you can use just conditioner to wash your hair if it's fairly clean and there isn't much product build up.
    Nos4

Answer by Nos4 at 5:44 AM on Jun. 3, 2013

• My stylist always asks me to come with 'dirty' hair that hasn't been washed with shampoo for at least 24 hours. I think you'll be fine if you just used conditioner.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:23 AM on Jun. 3, 2013

• I guess so
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 10:36 AM on Jun. 6, 2013