What can help a sunburn other than Aloe...

I'm allergic to it and dd is burnt. I'm out of Noxemia, which is my usual remedy. Any other ideas?

PandaGwen

Asked by PandaGwen at 4:49 PM on Jun. 2, 2013 in Kids' Health

• Vinegar is the best. She'll smell like a pickle, but just put some in a spray bottle and wet down the burnt area as often as it gets really painful. Put the bottle in the fridge between uses so the vinegar will feel cool on the burn.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:05 PM on Jun. 2, 2013

• Vinegar. Either soak in a bath with vinegar and put it in a bottle and spritz it on. And tylenol will help with some of the pain.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:51 PM on Jun. 2, 2013

• vinegar or strong black tea.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:15 PM on Jun. 2, 2013

• Vinegar. Solarcaine (Solarcane? not sure on the spelling) can help, if you have that. Witch hazel might help, too. You could also wrap an ice pack in a towel, and hold it over the area.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 5:16 PM on Jun. 2, 2013

• Time. That is the only thing that ever works for me. Time will heal all wounds. Nothing ever really worked but to wait for it to go away.

Answer by louise2 at 5:21 PM on Jun. 2, 2013

• Also - another thought, if you're allergic to aloe. I don't know how severe your allergy is, so I'm not sure if it's an option. But you could try maybe putting on some gloves, like what doctors wear, and then rub aloe on her.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 5:31 PM on Jun. 2, 2013

• I've heard damp green tea bags helps with the pain. I always use Noxema but I plan on trying the tea bags.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:47 PM on Jun. 2, 2013

• Vinegar. We got horribly burned when we were in Hawaii, and I was asking about it here. Vinegar really helped take the pain away, and I swear it cleared up faster than usual.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:04 PM on Jun. 2, 2013

• vinegar
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:13 AM on Jun. 3, 2013

• Natural yoghurt.

Calamine lotion
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 4:39 AM on Jun. 3, 2013