UGH. Bad hair problem, not sure how to fix

My stylist and I discussed doing ombre, b/c I get blonde highlights and my hair is naturally dark blonde/light brown. So I wanted her to do darker on the roots like halfway down, like blended blonde/brown. Anyway, she put in this terrible color, hand painted it on and left NO blonde in my hair. It was NOT ombre, just looked like a box dye and a really ugly color. So I texted her and told her I didn't like it. She told me to wash it a bunch to fade the color. Instead of doing that I used vitamin c to lift out the color, which left it looking orange. So I went back in and she put blonde highlights back in, now it looks mostly blonde but it looks like I have orange highlights. I'm so frustrated, how do I get rid of the orange now? P.S. I won't be going back to her. She charged me to fix it after doing a horrible job the first time. And she left big bunches of orange on the sides so I can't wear my hair up at all. And to make it all worse, my hair is fried now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:44 PM on Jun. 2, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• well, maybe she charged you to fix it because you took it upon yourself to use vitamin c on it?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:58 PM on Jun. 2, 2013

• Nope. She didn't even know I did that. She told me before we did it that if I didn't like it we would just put more blonde in. I texted her to schedule and she said she would only charge me half price. I realize it's my fault the hair is orange, but the color she put in there was hideous and I couldn't get in for a week so I read online about how to lift dye and it worked but turned orange
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:05 PM on Jun. 2, 2013

• She told me to wash it a bunch to fade the color. Instead of doing that I used vitamin c

Wait until you see the bill from the next stylist.

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 8:06 PM on Jun. 2, 2013

• Thanks for all the advice ladies!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:07 PM on Jun. 2, 2013

• If you would have just went back to her. Instead of trying to fix it yourself. She might have been able to do something with it, and not charged you. Live and learn. Never try to fix your own hair. With something you are not sure will work. That is why I do my hair at home with box color. I found one I like and stick to it. I am afraid to let someone do it.

Answer by louise2 at 8:29 PM on Jun. 2, 2013

• I'd go to a new place and just know you'll need to pay. She should have fixed it the first time for free. My stylist would have. Now you'll need corrective coloring. Last time I needed this, they used a mix of bleach and color which sat on my hair. Fortunately, it only took one try but she warned me that we might have needed to do it a few times. Good luck.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:35 PM on Jun. 2, 2013

• You need to get a toner to counter the orange- at a different salon. After that, take a break, condition your hair heavily and go to a salon when you need any chemical help in the future. Color can be tricky...
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 11:11 PM on Jun. 2, 2013

• She told you what to do, you chose to do something else. That's why she charged you. She didn't know you did it? LOL She's not stupid. She might have pretended not to know and not said anything, following the "customer is always right" rule to try to keep you as a customer, but I promise you, she knows you didn't do what she told you to do.

If you weren't happy, you should have done one of two things: 1. wash it like she told you, or 2. go back to her and ask her to fix it.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:16 AM on Jun. 3, 2013

• I don't how to fix it, but if I were you I would have gone back in and demand she fix it for free. Talk to the owner, demand a refund!
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 8:32 AM on Jun. 3, 2013