Can you tell me any good work from home "JOBS" that are not scams?

I am looking for a work from home JOB not a business. I do not want the start up fees. I need something that will keep me here with my kids and not have to pay for childcare. Can anyone help me with this?

armywife1111

Asked by armywife1111 at 7:21 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Money & Work

• I used to work from home as a account manager in the medical appliance industry. I was at my home office about 70% of the time and had to travel about 30% (although usually local travel). One way to tell if a position is real job is if the company is willing to pay you a base. All the companies I have worked for have offered a base salary, car allowance and commission.

Also, 1800flowers.com has work from home positions advertised alot. Basically they just need people to pick up the overflow on the calls during the busy times (customer service rep type of job). I don't think it pays a whole lot though.
    Kimpossible

Answer by Kimpossible at 7:28 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Can you type? How about medical transcription? That's what I do and I also work for DiamondCreek Candles. I can give you the info on either, just pm me!!!
    Jerseymom1228

Answer by Jerseymom1228 at 7:31 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• www.accoladesupport.com
    www.homepoint.com
    www.westathome.com
    www.liveops.com
    www.arise.com
    www.onpointathome.com
    www.alpineaccess.com
    www.workingsol.com/home.htm

They may or may not be hiring in your state. Some will want you to pay for your training materials or a back ground check. I prefer a home business ....I have made great money on MY schedule. Good luck :o)
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 7:33 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I will drop you a PM with some helpful websites of work at home jobs. Good luck in your search!
    ~Shay
    Inspiring Mom's to Work at Home!
    jewelrylady98

Answer by jewelrylady98 at 8:23 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Try this one: http://y5b.org  or http://g88.info (both are free!)

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 9:53 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• You mean you are looking for something where someone sends you a check for the work you have done for them? Why would you want to do that? Why don't you babysit or pet sit or do something that doesn't require you to have set hours and a schedule. It sounds like you are pretty busy. When people post ads like this here, I personally,think they are PHISHING for info. Otherwise, these same jobs and same people have posted the same things time and time again. Why do you think it would change??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I am a stay at home mother and have found the people who has anwsered this question very helpful. And if anyone else knows anything please let me know!!
    lilbitcan

Answer by lilbitcan at 12:21 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• g88.info is not free.....theres purchases you have to make.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I was working for ChaCha. But then we had to cancel our DSL internet and move to cheaper dial up. I am not sure if they are hiring, but go to the site and see. (and if you can put that Anisasmomma@yahoo.com refered you, please)
    I was making a couple hundred a month extra. People text in questions and you find the answers, site the source and it texts it back to them. You get .10 for every question you answer. I was doing about 200 questions a day, working a few hours during DDs naps and after she went to bed! Good luck!
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 9:48 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• If looking for a JOB, what are your marketable skills and previous experiences? Build a list and use that to begin your search. General rule of thumb: Never pay for a job (businesses, on the other hand, usually involve some expenses). I have compiled resources for freelance work and telecommuting jobs on my work from home site, including the following: customer service, virtual assistant, tutor, telemarketer, transcriber, translator, blogger, online guide, writer/editor, consultant, concierge, mystery shopper, nursing, tech support, marketing, online jury.
    nuwave06

Answer by nuwave06 at 12:51 PM on Feb. 18, 2009