Ok Am I being a baby or not?

My husband is constantly nagging or fighting with me over things. I never seem to do anything right with him. He has screamed in my face and basically told me I am not doing my job before. So yesterday I was fixing dinner. We were going to watch something on TV so he was sitting in the living room. I had gotten my sponsored child's letter(from India) in the mail and was going to write her back. So I had left the envelope on the table in the living room. My husband yells into the kitchen "how long am I going to have to look at that?" I told him I was going to write her and left it as a reminder. He then told me well he didn't want to see it. SO I walked into the living room to move it. I wasn't happy and he knew it. He then went on to say he didn't know why I had to be so mean. He then said forget it. just leave it. But I didn't and moved it into my room. I told him I wasn't mad, but he could tell I was. He said he didn't appreciate being treated like monster.
My question is am I over reacting? I guess I am just tired of his attitude and I don't show much love for him. He can't understand why. He thinks I should just accept him for how he is, and move on. It is hard after years of being screamed at, shoved out of his way, and told I am not doing my job in the house. I personally just don't care about him anymore, and can't just accept this his the way he is and move on. Any ideas? Am I being wrong? Am I just a baby or immature as I have been told?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:48 AM on Jun. 3, 2013 in Relationships

• he's an asshole,and you're not being a baby

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:51 AM on Jun. 3, 2013

• He's a hysterical, narcissistic, controlling oaf who behaves like he has a case of mega-PMS. How can you bear to live with him? What you have done wrong is putting up with this behaviour for so long. That's all. So what are you going to do about it?
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 7:54 AM on Jun. 3, 2013

• He said he didn't appreciate being treated like monster.

Too bad for him... if you act like an ass you get treated like an ass. He sounds like a real winner (insert eye roll here). Tell him he's lucky he doesn't wake up to an screwdriver jammed thru his eye... he might in this house. NO way I'd put up with his shit!!!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 7:54 AM on Jun. 3, 2013

• Thanks for your comments. He also told me that I should get mad over things that are important. After he ate his dinner, he got up and got ready for bed and went to bed. Which was ok with me. I asked him if he wanted desert and he waved his hand as he walked by not saying a word. Which was no.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:08 AM on Jun. 3, 2013

• When couples have contempt for each other it's never a good sign. He was clearly wrong, but you have bigger problems.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:14 AM on Jun. 3, 2013

• It sounds like you have a crappy relationship with a passive-aggressive jerk.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:19 AM on Jun. 3, 2013

• sounds like someone is the baby and it isn't you...

What a jerk...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:43 AM on Jun. 3, 2013

• He sounds like an old Man. How old is he? Is this how his Dad treated his Mom? I think you should hide a video camera & tape his behavior & then show it to him. You are his wife an equal not his child & shouldn't scold you like one. I hate that crap. Stand up & say have respect for me like I do you or else you can leave. Sometimes they need a good dose of reality. GL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:57 AM on Jun. 3, 2013

• Abuse isn't always physical.

He's an ass and from the sound of it, none of the women here would try to make it work.  Include me in with that group.  I would take all of my shit out of the house so he didn't have to look at it.  He also wouldn't have to look at some of each paycheck either.  

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:57 AM on Jun. 3, 2013

• What a freaking dick! Then he tries to turn it on you? He needs a cast iron upside his head.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:07 AM on Jun. 3, 2013