Which will be cheaper? B-Day Food

So I am planning my DSs b-day even though it'sa month away LOL

We have decided on a water party with stations.

Station 1 with ahve water balloons

Station 2 will have water guns

Station 3 is this slip and slide with a pool attach to it

Banzai Aqua Drench 3-in-1 Inflatable Splash Park

Now we are trying to decide on the food.

I was going to do the usual summer foods. Hamburgers and hotdogs with salads but DS has requsted tacos bowls and his dad wants to nake sure we at least hve grilled pineapple and griled corn.

Which will be cheaper Tacos or hamburgers?  There will be about 5 kids and 5-6 adults. 

Feel free to add some other fun summer foods. 

LostSoul88

Asked by LostSoul88 at 9:33 AM on Jun. 3, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I think they're pretty close. Both are ground beef, tacos can stretch the meat further, especially if you mix the meat with some cubed potatoes or beans.

Have fun, and Happy Birthday to your son.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:36 AM on Jun. 3, 2013

• probably about the same by the time you consider taco shells, cheese, lettuce and whatnot...

I think burgers would be easier though
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:14 AM on Jun. 3, 2013

• I think that tacos would prob. end up being cheaper... maybe add some fruit salad or something, If you go the hamburger route, salads always pair well w/ that, & you can generally get a good deal on larger tubs of them.. (potato salad, mac. salad, etc) Happy early b-day to your son, sounds like he's gonna have a great party!
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 10:16 AM on Jun. 3, 2013

• I don't know which would be cheaper but I think it won't be much difference if any. I think tacos would be fun to do though. The party sounds like a blast!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:22 AM on Jun. 3, 2013

• burgers would be a lot easier but tacos would be something different and unique. burgers and tacos would be about the same price but it depends on how much extras you put into the tacos.. potatos? tomatos? lettuce? cheeses? sour cream? chips? soft tacos?
    nnh_mama

Answer by nnh_mama at 11:05 AM on Jun. 3, 2013

• I think tacos would be cheaper, but maybe I am wrong, I think they would turn out to be more or less the same price range, unless you get a good deal somewhere for either of them....it sounds like a fun party the kids will love this....

Answer by older at 9:36 AM on Jun. 3, 2013

• Tacos probably
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 9:45 AM on Jun. 3, 2013

• With the price of hamburger meat on the rise honey I use a hell of a lot of ground turkey meat and ground chicken meat in my recipes. You do not have to go all out either food is too expensive so let the parents know that they need to atleast feed their kids a snack first so they don't fill up on everything you have. Get like 3-4 lbs of ground turkey or chicken and make your taco meat, get some of those tostito bowl chips, do a nice setup where you have the meat in the middle of the tray and toppings around the sides. Grill up some hot dogs and grill up the pineapple & corn for your hubby. Dollar tree is a great place to stock up on some of the stuff like 3 liter sodas you can use for punch. Good luck.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 12:38 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• I say even steven, but the grilling out seems like it would be much easier and neater, can you imagine wet taco shells? I say the grill is the way to go, but it is his brithday and see how set he is on it.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 1:02 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• Tacos might be cheaper if you add rice, beans, cubed potatoes, and other options for toppings so kids aren't loading up on meat, or you could cook up a bunch of chicken thighs, shred the meat, and do chicken tacos. They'll be messier than burgers, though. Or you could do sloppy joes, which would also stretch the meat further. Have fun!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:18 PM on Jun. 3, 2013