Opinions PLEASE :)

The past couple weeks have been crazy with all the tornadoes and me narrowly escaping them on the 19th and 31st. The 31st was really scary for me, I was in the city visiting family and we were watching the news. My brother in law runs and grabs all his shoes and throws them in the trunk and sits to watch the news more. My niece is doing hair and there are others there including my 1 yr old niece. The rain is pouring, the lights go out and the sirens go off. We all break out and jump in our vehicles but with so much rain & traffic I lost them, phone connections are acting up, no radio station will come in and my weather app isn't working!  All I know is they said it was coming down the highway near the street we were on before we left so I took off going as far away from there as possible. I ended up at my ex's moms  (we're still fam) and rode it out til my sis went back to her house which the power was out but we all lived. 

On a happier note, I am singing at a birthday party on Saturday and the song chosen is I believe I can fly by R. Kelly I did some practice runs yesterday and taped one of them so please tell me what you think, all feedback has been pretty good so far. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPEf_vNvPe8

405mom

Asked by 405mom at 11:47 AM on Jun. 3, 2013 in Entertainment

• very glad that everyone is ok. And you sing really good!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 12:07 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• Glad everyone was safe and you have a pretty voice.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:57 AM on Jun. 3, 2013

• Glad you are safe and I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure the last thing you are supposed to do in that situation is get in the car and drive.
    Anonymous

• clappingYou have a great voice!  Is the song choice a play on words based on what happened w/ the tornadoes? :p  Glad you are all safe, and I do have to agree w/ anon that being in your car is not the best place to be when that happens.  Please be careful if another one comes your way.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 2:37 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• I'm glad you are all safe. Maybe it would be best for you to take shelter in a basement or storm cellar next time, or in an inner hallway or bathroom of your home, with no windows. I'm not in the main area for tornadoes, but we get some now and then here, and we're always told not to go on the roads.

I was really touched by your beautiful song.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:53 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• I am also glad you are ok, but can I ask why the f do you people live in such places I just don't get it
    pinkparcel

Answer by pinkparcel at 12:47 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• bow downThanks, that means a lot

405mom

Comment by 405mom (original poster) at 12:23 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• Thank you and we live here because this is our home, our heritage and our lives. Lots of people move here because our cost of living is one of the lowest in the US and they can pack up and "go home" anytime they want but to a pure bred okie this is home. People still move to florida every day knowing that it gets riddled with hurricanes, people still live in chicago & colorado where massive snow storms bury people and cars on a regular basis. My point is, you can't change home and not everyone is dying to get out so to speak. Every place on earth is going to experience natural disasters.
    405mom

Comment by 405mom (original poster) at 12:55 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• Thank you guys, I realize that you guys are concerned that we got in our cars and left but we did that because we were told by the weather men to do so, I am a born & bred Oklahoman so yes I know they used to tell us to take cover in a hallway or bathroom but after the massive tornadoes on the 19th and 20th they deemed those unsafe. A vast majority of homes unfortunately do not have basements or storm cellars to go into and the city I was in when it happened, opted to take away public storm shelters a while back which I think was stupid.
    405mom

Comment by 405mom (original poster) at 5:09 PM on Jun. 10, 2013