Do you want to know what the stimulus will do for you?

Check this out, then.

http://www.instantriverside.com/riverside-ca-news/president-obama-economic-stimulus/2009/02/17/

Asked by gdiamante at 7:29 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• It's going to help me with my Cobra payments. I've been laid-off twice within a years time. Also, since there is a tax benefit for higher education, I"m looking into a Masters' program. So, YES, I'll be paying it back (again).

Many workers who lose their health insurance when they lose their jobs will find it cheaper to keep that coverage while they look for work.
    Right now, most people working for medium and large employers can continue their coverage for 18 months under the COBRA program when they lose their job. It's expensive, often over $1,000 a month, because they pay the share of premiums once covered by their employer as well as their own share from the old group plan.
    Under the stimulus package, the government will pick up 65 percent of the total cost of that premium for the first nine months.
    BingsMommy

Answer by BingsMommy at 12:42 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Thanks for the link. I can't wait to get my check:)
    Anonymous

• Most of these things are too late for me, alas. I was unemployed and being bled dry by COBRA last year. But the extra $12 a week will be welcome....it's a tank og gas a month and that's better than a slap in the face.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:31 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• thank you for posting this link!
    $13 a week is nearly $700 a year, i think that will come in very handy.

i think what a lot of people do not realize is how massive the unemployment rate is right now. and no, these are not people who are out to get a quick deal. many have never filed for unemployement before.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 7:41 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• zip zero nadda. i am married with two kids. we own our own home car and business.

on 1700 a month. im not poor enough to get foodstamps or medicaid, therefore Obama wont help me.

Thats okay because I dont need the govt to support me. i am self sufficient. i am proud.

i am also disabled with a four year college degree. O And I'm White.
    chickaboom73

Answer by chickaboom73 at 9:07 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• not a damn thing....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 9:34 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Do you want to know what the stimulus will do for you?

Ummmmm....make #2???
    LilLizaJane

Answer by LilLizaJane at 10:18 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• ok. instead of putting us in trillions of debt for our future, why didn't Obama, Pelosi and friends just find a way to help everyone SAVE $6.50 a week (or $13 per couple per week)? I still REALLY do not see the bonus of this 'stimulus' package. where is the silver lining here?
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 10:40 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• im really excited about the home buyers tax credit. we were planning on buying a house this summer anyway & this will make it all the easier.

chickaboom: are you implying that Obama won't help you b/c your white...

and according to the video...anyone who has a child will be getting money. you dont have to agree w/ it, but you will be getting money from it. if you dont like the stimulus package then i hope you wont cash that check :D
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:00 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Nothing, zip, zero, nadda and not a darn thing.
    loflingirl

Answer by loflingirl at 11:41 PM on Feb. 17, 2009