2 days ago this was a field next to a feed store & farmers market....

It hasn't reached the feed store & market yet but when it rains again sometime between today & tomorrow (highest chance tomorrow) I have a feeling it will flood that and the highway too becase the river is already overflowed

405mom

Asked by 405mom at 1:04 PM on Jun. 3, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Hopefully the weather will clear up some and soon.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 1:33 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• Reminds me of Tomato Lake - farmer's field back home (tomato field, go figure) that would flood if it so much as sprinkled. Took them 10 years to find someone dumb enough to buy it and develop on it. Now their parking lot is Tomato Lake every time it sprinkles instead.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:13 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• Reminds me of a certain "lake" near us. It's an actual lake, and it's pretty big, but there's never any water in it. My husband and I were laughing the other day because there is a luxury-home community on the hill next to it named "Vista Del Lago" (View of the Lake). LOL people spend all that money for a view of some cracked dirt.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:08 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• Wow, it seems that the earth is changing quicker every year. This weather is crazy.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:09 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• I hope the amount of rainfall predicted is much lower so you don't get that flooding. I feel so bad for your part of the country. You have been getting hit so hard lately. Enough is enough already. Stay dry & stay safe.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:17 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• the flooding is crazy! did you see the pictures of downtown flooded? its always weird to see a lake where one shouldnt be!

weather.com says we wont get anymore rain till tomorrow...why is it that Oklahoma weather either has us flooded or we're in a drought haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:16 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• Lol
    405mom

Comment by 405mom (original poster) at 1:09 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• @ notpanicking I have lived out here in this town for 6 years and have never seen that field like that until today! @ mrsmom110 thank you, I hope so too.
    405mom

Comment by 405mom (original poster) at 1:24 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• Okmanders, yes I saw and all the trailers that were floating on 23rd that got washed out of a trailer park. Thankfully the rain wasn't enough to flood the feed store, the field has dried up and the water level went back down in the river but is still higher than usual.
    Thank you all for the kind words and prayers.
    405mom

Comment by 405mom (original poster) at 5:19 PM on Jun. 10, 2013