Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Do i even bother bringing this up in court?

so my ex's visitation needs to be supervised and for a while back in oct-dec i'd let the kids go over for a day believing that his mother was supervising. the first time i let them sleepover i discovered (from his mom who texted me so i have proof of this) that she let the kids go with only him and his sister in the car.

i stopped letting them go over there completely after that and since then he's had to come here or ill bring them over there but ill stay the whole time.

anyway, his sister is a major stoner. her instagram is loaded with pics of her holding buds of weed, smoking bongs, and looking blasted out of her mind. two weekends ago when we went to visit his grandma, she showed up and told everyone she was "tired" but her eyes were glossy, eyelids low and bloodshot. not to mention i looked at her instagram account later and discovered she was with a friend getting high before she came over so i know her stoned face. today when we went over, i could smell the weed as soon as we walked in the door. low and behold, she walked out to the living room looking stoned. went and got herself some food and went back to her room. their mom was right there and did nothing about it. a little while later, youngest dd had to go to the bathroom so i went with her, and his sister's room is right next to the bathroom. the smell was most potent right there.

i dont give a shit what she does (and its not legal in my state btw) but i believe the fact that she does it, and his mom knows it and let my children go with her and her son (who is convicted of child abuse against my children) is proof that nobody in that house is responsible. i just dont want to bring it up and look foolish since i dont have any hard evidence of her pot smoking other than my own word.

going anon since court is coming up in a few weeks.


Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Jun. 3, 2013 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (21)
  • If her info is shared or public, then you should be able to pull them up and copy them. When you know she is high and you take your kids there for their visit, turn around and leave. You call the police, tell them that you just went there for your ex to have his visit with his kids, and you left because of the drugs. They will go there and check it out. If they find drugs, see that this woman is high, etc... they will arrest her, make a report, all in your favor. In our state we have what's called the Harmony house. The noncustodial parent gets their visits here supervised by a mediator so you don't even have to be present. You might see if there is something like that where you live. I would request from the judge that these visits be supervised, and that he have a drug/alcohol test before visits. If he tests dirty, then he forfeits his visit. Enough times, and they will take the visits away altogether. GL

    Answer by Sierrarose99 at 11:24 PM on Jun. 5, 2013

  • If your ex is living in the same house with his sister, then yes I believe it's pertinent information. Take screen shots of her Instagram posts that refer to drug use.

    Answer by missanc at 1:55 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

  • Oh I'd definitely bring it up!

    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:55 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

  • I would bring it up. They may tell you that it doesn't matter, but I'd at least give it a shot.

    Answer by wendythewriter at 1:59 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

  • Yes. I have no experience in this area but, why are the visits not supervised by you if he was convicted of child abuse. Why did the Judge approve visitation by him at all? That's crazy!

    Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:59 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

  • When in dout, bring it up. Even if you didn't have proof, you'd be putting your worries out there for the judge to hear. With screenshots, you'll have an even better chance, if your ex is living in the same house with his sister and he has already been convicted of child abuse against your kids. Also show the text from his mother saying she let your kids go in a car alone with the dad and his sister. Spill your guts, girl.

    Answer by Ballad at 1:59 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

  • Bring it up
    If CPS gets involved (imho) youll need proof you tried to do something about it kwim?
    And "I" would stop taking the kids there and meet at a park or something

    Answer by feralxat at 2:00 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

  • bring it up and get screen shots of everything

    Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:05 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

  • look on your keyboard in the right hand corner you will see PRINT SCREEN do that then open a word perfect and paste

    Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:15 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

  • get proof now before someone smart enough to know- tells her to delete it all

    my exes facebook disappeared before court.... he has pics that were not becoming of a responsible father

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Jun. 3, 2013