Cheerios ad

The link below is to the new ad for Cheerios. They are claiming that people are saying it's "racist" because it's a black father and white mother.

To me, I don't see it as racist. I see it as a couple with a small child wanting her daddy to have a good healthy heart. So would it have made a difference if the mom was black and dad white? Or if the mom was Chinese and the dad was Mexican?? I mean really I don't get it.

When are people going to stop pulling the race card?? It drives me crazy at how stupid people really can be....

don't know how to make it clicky link... sorry

http://www.today.com/news/cheerios-ad-mixed-race-family-draws-racist-responses-6C10169988

goofygalno1

Asked by goofygalno1 at 3:12 PM on Jun. 3, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I seen it on TV and was like. Finally  they put an interracial family on tv.   Didn't think it was racist at all. (Just so you know. I am white, my DH is black).

Answer by louise2 at 3:17 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• well, I am white but i didn't think it was racist at all. I thought it was cute that the little girl ran in there and did that. People take things to literally I think.
    goofygalno1

Comment by goofygalno1 (original poster) at 3:19 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• I've seen that ad on TV and I didn't think anything of it besides how cute it was that the little girl poured the cereal on her daddy's heart. Not once did it cross my mind that they were an interracial couple. They were just another family in my mind. People now a days will find anything to be assholes about.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 3:21 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 3:22 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• It's 2013, for heaven's sake. People need to get the hell over this skin color thing. It was a mom and dad and a darling little girl, end of story.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:23 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• I don't really understand what is racist about a interracial couple. Is that not the exact opposite? Goodness people are dumb.

maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 3:27 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• I cannot wait for the day there's a gay couple and their child in an ad.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 3:28 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• ^^they do have gay couple ads for JCP. When posted one I believe was two women and their child and they received a lot of backlash so they did another ad with two men and their child right after all the backlash LOL
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 3:30 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 3:31 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• okay so ppl arent saying the AD is racist, there are racists who dont like the ad, right? cause a biracial family on a commercial would be the opposite of racist.

either way the whole big to-do is stupid. inter-racial families is nothing new. its about time commercials & TV caught up with the rest of America.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 4:03 PM on Jun. 3, 2013