When's the last time your kid had a selling stand? Like lemonade

and how much did they make?

My 2 kids and 1 friend decided yesterday to sell freezies (ice pops) I thought it was a horrible idea since it was about 52 degrees outside.... but went along with it. They made a terrible sign and had no change for the customers. They also decided against my suggestion to bring a scissors to offer people a snip off their ends.

47 minutes later the cold wind sent us home and they dumped out their 26.25 to split up. I was just floored. Most people didn't even want a freezie. They just did a "donation" of cash. Now with nearly 9 bucks per kid they have enough to go bowling, movie, etc.

When I was a kid my friends and I would stand out all day and sometimes get NOTHING.

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 3:37 PM on Jun. 3, 2013 in Money & Work

• My son has never had one. But we always buy from kids who have stands set up and let them keep the change. ;-)
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 3:44 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• have had idea that my little one do a booth and sell pictures she has drawn
    she always thinks she can sell a crayon drawing and get enough to go to Disney
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:47 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• Wow. It surprises me how much your kids made. Mine sold little paper cups of Kool-Ade two years ago and made next to nothing.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:48 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• Never.... I'm not letting them sit by the side of the road so some nut in a van can grab one.
    Sounds extreme, but in reality if we are telling them not to talk to cars that stop to ask directions and stuff like that why would I let them advertise for people to stop.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 3:52 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• I let them sell pop and cookies at a yard sale once. I'd never let them sell by the roadside as I think it's to dangerous. I think they did pretty decent. I think the difference in what they sell is is it something that is sealed (pop, freezer pops) or is it homemade (cookies, lemonade) Mine sold out on the pop/water but there were still lots of cookies left. I think people are leary of how clean were their hands, the kitchen, etc when it was made.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 4:11 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• never and they won't. Here where I live a few years back a couple little girls were fined for having a lemonade stand and not having a business license or food handlers permits.... petty i know...
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 4:40 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• We had a garage sale on Sat. My older 2 set up an iced tea stand. Then friends came by and they took off. Their little brother sold 2 cups and we let him keep the cash.

Usually when they set up tea stand they get a bunch of customers, and also the people doing the donation thing.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 5:14 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• I don't think my son ever had one. When I was a kid, we would set up outside the sewing factory, and all the ladies (who thought we were adorable) would come out and fawn over us and buy our lemonade!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 5:33 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• Never.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 8:33 PM on Jun. 3, 2013