Here is another one for you?

Seen this on the internet too. Fox News(insider). Some Florida schools doing Optic fingerprinting(eye scans) of children without the parents permission. School said it was for the bus, knowing where the kids were. Said ,thought they had sent out the permission slip and got permission for it. But they didn't.

How would you feel?  What would you do?

I would march right up to the school and get the scan.  Then tell them to get permission forst next time.

Asked by louise2 at 5:04 PM on Jun. 3, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I wouldn't be happy with having scans of my child done without my knowledge and permission, especially scans that could be stored somewhere in a computer. I don't understand why a school district would want to do that.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:13 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• link

just appalling. i will look into our own district policies. i will also tell ALL my kids to say no and call me if there is an issue

could you please move this to PCE so more people will see it?

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 6:46 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• I would remove my child from the school and call a lawyer.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:20 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• I honestly don't have a problem with it. And, I'm sure that legally they had to send out some kind of notice. Hell, I have to fill out a large permission slip just for my kid to eat food during an in-class party.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 5:14 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• id be upset they didn't ask first and thyey would know it but at the same time its a safety precaution.. and we need more of that in our schools
    nnh_mama

Answer by nnh_mama at 5:26 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• I would be pissed they didn't ask for permission. "they thought" I call BS they knew they didn't have permission and was using those kids as genie pigs
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 5:43 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• My child would NOT go back to that school. Now, my lawyer would, for sure.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 12:24 AM on Jun. 4, 2013

• I believe that it is the parent's right to decide if they want they children scanned (eye scan, finger printed etc.)
    I feel that the school should be brought up short if the violate that trust.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:11 PM on Jun. 4, 2013