Tucker Carlson: Florida atheist monument ‘will be magnet for graffiti’

Really?  

Clicky

Fox News host Tucker Carlson on Sunday predicted that Christians and other people in Florida would deface the first atheist monument to be placed on government property.

In a news release last week, American Atheists President David Silverman explained that a 1,500-pound granite bench was being placed at the Bradford County Courthouse because atheists have often felt like “second-class citizens.”

The monument was part of a settlement after Bradford County refused to remove a Ten Commandments monument that was installed at the courthouse.

Thoughts?  

MamaK88

Asked by MamaK88 at 5:17 PM on Jun. 3, 2013 in Religious Debate

• If it is, hopefully those responsible will be caught and punished under the law.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:20 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:25 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• nothing says "i'm a loving Christian" like vandalizing something of a different belief.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:27 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• I can't say I'm surprised. We've seen it done with billboards and displays over the holidays. Why would a "monument" be any different?
    I would question why it was being placed on GOVERNMENT property, but then I read the article. Honestly I don't think either should be allowed. Though I hope since they are allowing both the Ten commandments, and now the "Atheist monument" (bench) that other religions will also be allowed to be represented as well with their own "monuments".
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:28 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• and im with Kristi on this also. it should either be NONE or ALL, but realistically it should be none since it's government property.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:32 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• I think it says something about the people who go out of their way to vandalize things like this just because they don't like them. Completely unable to live and let live, IMO.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:47 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• I think the priest needs to have a refresher course on biblical studies.
    the ten commandments are not "christian" therefore this isn't a "christian" protest or mockery
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 5:55 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• Well, if [insert religion] didn't have the idea of vandalizing it before, they do now.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 6:04 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• Unfortunately, the bench probably will be a graffiti magnet. First of all, there's hate everywhere. Secondly, anything that can't outrun the spray paint seems to be a magnet for graffiti lately, at least around here. And third, although persecution of atheists is all over, it seems to be more vehement in the South.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:04 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• doesn't surprise me honestly.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 6:10 PM on Jun. 3, 2013