My 9 year old pooped her pants

she has been potty trained since she was 3. no she does not have any nurological problems. we went to the park today and when we went to the bathroom to change out of my wet clothes from the splash pad she had a bathing suit full of poo, and poop all over her bottom and in her crotch and when I asked her why did you not tell me you had to go to the bathroom she just said she didn't want to stop playing. I understand accidents happen but for a 9 year old who just doesn't want to stop what they're doing to go to the bathroom I don't know but I find that a little unacceptable and lazy if I'm wrong and there is something else that needs to be addressed please any suggestions would be helpful

just to explain her personality she's the type of girl who never does anything above and beyond she always does just enough to get by. I've been trying to teach her about personal hygiene for some time now and it would be really unfortunate if she had to learn this stuff the hard way with a UTI or an infection of some other kind. she just always seems like she wants to learn things the hard way and its very unfortunate for both of us

wifey000175554

Asked by wifey000175554 at 6:09 PM on Jun. 3, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

• That seems very strange in a child that old
    I would call doc
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 6:14 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• Could it be that she had an accident and she was too embarrassed to tell you, so it seemed better to say she just didn't want to stop playing? That happened to me a few times as a kid; later it was found that I had irritable bowels.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:31 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• Hmm.. I would think at that age they were very self conscious. I know the girls who are 5 & 6 in my Son's Kindergarten class are very particular in how they look & are very modest as well.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:40 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• Anonymous

• I wouldn't do anything unless it happened again.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:51 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• I agree that it's odd. File this away for now and if it happens again, there has got to be a reason. What if this happened at school?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:27 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• I wouldnt make a big deal about it, maybe she didnt feel well..there could be a bunch of reasons and know one knows but her. If it happens again, then i would be a bit concerned and maybe speak to your pediatrician. Dont embarass her. Good luck
    Danio72

Answer by Danio72 at 7:28 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• This happened to my son once. He is a bit younger than this, but he said he thought he just had to fart......
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 8:47 PM on Jun. 8, 2013