I have WAY too much baby food on my WIC coupons

I am going to ask for less, because there is no way my baby can eat it all, but what can I do with this excess of baby food?

txdaniella

Asked by txdaniella at 7:03 PM on Jun. 3, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• instead of asking for less give it away food bank a friend . My kids never ate baby food I always fed them what we were eating or I would cook veggies to mush and tiny pieces . I would donate my baby food or ask my friends . U could do what Idareyou said to do and mix it baked goods ull never taste it and it makes it that much healther
    Cherriemama831

Answer by Cherriemama831 at 12:04 AM on Jun. 4, 2013

• ugh
    my WIC office refused to give me fresh food and my kid refused to eat that pureed ick. the issue was once the checks were cut it was use it or lose it.

i was told to take it to the food bank. i called my grocer and told them in advance how many jars i needed (something like 70) and had a special order made. i then took it to the bank. think of all those families in immediate need that dont qualify you are going to help :)

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 7:06 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• I personally would donate the extra to a food bank or local church pantry.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 7:11 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• just don't get them, you dont have to get every item on that list. Or you can get them and donate them.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 7:10 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• food bank would love to take them off your hands
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:20 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• If you don't know anyone who needs the food personally, donate it. There are a lot of people who almost qualify for WIC, but not quite, who can use the food. I used to baby-sit the kids of young moms in return for the extra comodities they couldn't use. I didn't qualify for any at the time because I didn't have children of my own, but my ill husband and I still needed to eat.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:30 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• Donate it. Our church has a food pantry.
    ForestFairy09

Answer by ForestFairy09 at 7:25 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• Bake and cook with it. easy way to sneak in extras.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 8:18 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• My kids wouldn't eat the jarred crap so I got it and donated it to the food bank because I know many families that don't quite qualify for WIC or food stamps but need that extra help. Ours started giving a lot more fresh fruit and veggies towards the end and that was great for us.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:13 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• donate it.
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 8:37 PM on Jun. 3, 2013