how do I unspoil my 14month old daughter...she just started daycare and the lady called me today to come get her and try again 2mwr...I kno I spoiled her..but she's driving her dad & me crazy...the lady said she's never seen a case like her before...HELP!!

MoMece25

Asked by MoMece25 at 9:00 PM on Jun. 3, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try telling her NO once in awhile and putting her in time out if she pitches a fit.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:01 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• What exactly did they call you to come get her for?
    MsViv

Answer by MsViv at 9:01 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• What kind of case is she?
    Maybe try a daycare where they are more experienced.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:02 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• @virginiamama71...she's at a home daycare..the lady has excellent references..she's kept my nieces & nephews...but she says my daughter tried to make herself throwup today which scared her..so idk...I'm just really stressed out..
    MoMece25

Comment by MoMece25 (original poster) at 9:04 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• Nothing will happen overnight. What exactly did she do that required her to be picked up early?
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:05 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• The lady basically said that she's miserable..doesn't want to socialize with the other children...she cries on & off...she was gagging so she thought she was going to throwup & it scared her..so she called me...
    MoMece25

Comment by MoMece25 (original poster) at 9:07 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• ive worked in my share of daycares. it is extremely rare for the parents to be called to come pick up the child unless the child is ill, injured or harming themselves or others. sounds like the daycare staff are idiots.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:07 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• Young kids will try anything to test the limits. When one method fails, they move on to the next.

Tell your DCP in the morning she's not sick, and that behavior should either be ignored or she should be redirected.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 9:08 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• well most children react that way when they start daycare, it's no reason to call the parent. really, find a better daycare.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:08 PM on Jun. 3, 2013

• Your dd trying to make herself throw up isn't a sign that she is spoiled. She may just be doing it to get attention or a reaction.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:08 PM on Jun. 3, 2013