What age do you take your child to the dentist?

I hear different ages and I have called different dentist and they all say something different!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I was told 6 months after the first tooth.
    Anonymous

• Please learn from my mistake. My childs ped. kept telling me to wait until 3. So I did. When I took him he had 10. (YES 10) cavities.

The dentist told me that they like to see children around age 1. To keep a check for cavities, and to get them use to coming so that when they really need to start serious cleanings they will allow them to and wont be scared.

I wish I had taken my son longer. I feel guilty that I didnt take him sooner. ;(
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:43 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I wish I had taken my son SOONER not longer, lol I am tired...lol
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:44 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• our pedi told us to take him at one so i called the local pedi dentist and they to said a year old. So at a year old we took our little guy in lol it seemed weird to me since he was a late teether and only had about 5 teeth lol. Hes now 7 and has no fear of the dentist and has even had to have a cavitiy filled.
    The earlier the better i believe.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 7:49 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• That is a good question I guess I am horrible because I have not taken either one of my children and one is 7 and the other is 4. But then again when I was growing up I think I may have went to the dentist 1 time in all my years at home. That is horrible :(
    lilbitcan

Answer by lilbitcan at 11:57 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I took mine in when they were two.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 3:26 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I took my two boys when they turn one.
    GARCIA2

Answer by GARCIA2 at 6:20 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• 2
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 11:12 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• my dentist said three, but the oral-b stages campaign says one. i love my dentist, he's very thorough and a very good dentist, but i don't want them having cavities either! now i'm in a quandary!
    tstep972

Answer by tstep972 at 11:30 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Mine said 3...we had to start w/ my oldest at 2 1/2 when he smacked his front teeth on our fireplace...long story.
    liltymesmom

Answer by liltymesmom at 10:12 PM on Feb. 21, 2009