You ever notice?

My husband and I went to lunch together the other day. My husband is very aware of his surroundings. He told me do you even notice people always looking at their phones? I mean like always as I looked around and noticed at least 3 other couples sitting down for lunch and both had their faces in their phones. Not even talking to each other. He was like whats with people i bet they don't even know each others favorite colors. I told him yea I notice people at the parks on their phones to as their kids yelling look at me . I do notice this a lot now a days. (im young still to 26) I do like my phone but when im with friends family or the park with my kids I put my phone down I don't hop on my FB or twitter social media whatever.

Cherriemama831

Asked by Cherriemama831 at 12:01 AM on Jun. 4, 2013 in Technology

• How can anyone not notice this? It's insane how consumed people are with their phones these days. I think it's rude as hell to be on your phone while out to eat, or anywhere with your significant other or family when spending quality time together.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 12:09 AM on Jun. 4, 2013

• I went to the movies with a girl friend one time and in the middle of the movie she was like hey girl im going to tag in on FB k ? like really in the middle of the movie ur worried about ur fb it is crazy like no impulse control . I have a FB that I check daily but not every 5 seconds and I can days without it
    Cherriemama831

Comment by Cherriemama831 (original poster) at 12:12 AM on Jun. 4, 2013

• I see that all over and I hate it. We have been guilty of it before though, when we sneak away for lunch together. He still has to be reachable, so he keeps his phone close by and will answer messages when he has to. If we're not worrying about work, our phones are stay in our pockets unless I have to take a picture of pretty food.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:15 AM on Jun. 4, 2013

• I think it's kind of sad. People are so busy liking what their friends and families do online, they can hardly interact with anybody in person. I carry a cell phone for emergencies, but it doesn't connect to the Internet or do e-mail, and I don't particularly even like talking on it. If I'm not home, I'm not home, damn it. I still remember the days when a phone was attached to the wall by a cord and had its own piece of furniture, a little chair and table with a phone book and a pad and pencil for taking messages.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:20 AM on Jun. 4, 2013

• I think a lot of people no longer connect anymore , I did notice what you have. People say they will contact you then do not. everything is done trough social things , Glad I have real family and hate being on the phone especially in public.
    by2013

Answer by by2013 at 12:23 AM on Jun. 4, 2013

• I see people on their cells all the time. Tell me, is it that important to talk to someone while you are checking out at the grocery store.

Answer by louise2 at 9:10 AM on Jun. 4, 2013

• All the time. And its rude when out with people who constantly have to check their phones, telling us at the table to 'hold on' so they can check their phone.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:21 AM on Jun. 4, 2013

• I notice it also, people eating together or walking together and each on their phone- no personal connection.

Answer by Bmat at 9:52 AM on Jun. 4, 2013

• Yes, especially the young - time to throw the d**n devices out.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:04 PM on Jun. 4, 2013