How did your labor start? Sorry kinda long adult content

With my first daughter I was 41 weeks and 3 days. I remember losing a small amount of my plug a few days before. Had a doc apt that morning doc said 1/2 cm maybe 50%( I was spose to be induced the next morning) that night I was sitting at home with my bf (now hubby) and g-parents eating pizza around 8:30 at night I was like omg I think I had a contractions im like it kinda hurt (wasn't a big deal). Bf went home around 9 sure enough 11 pm hit I was having regular stronger contraction. Got in the bath around 12 got out about 1 am I started throwing up like crazy finally at 2 out of fear of dehydration went to the Hospital bf meet me there just before 6am I started pushing daughter was born 7:40 am.

2nd daughter was born 39 wks 6 days. My hubby n I had sex around 11 that night I woke at at 3 am having contraction again first thing I did was hop in the warm tub. I got out about 3:30-4 this time I only threw up a little but I had the runs over and over finally about 5:30 am told hubby it was time to go. I stalled a little cuz I couldn't get off the toilet . dropped 1st d off at in laws got to the hospital at 6 am pushed 2 times and 2nd d was born at 6:29am

I am 37 weeks 2days pregnant with unknown gender and im anxious for baby and wondering how this one will go . What are ur stories?

Cherriemama831

Asked by Cherriemama831 at 12:44 AM on Jun. 4, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Mine was supposed to be a Leap Year baby, but she had other ideas. I started having pains low down across my back and belly about midnight when it turned to March 1st. I didn't wake my boyfriend up because I wasn't sure if I was having contractions or not. But I couldn't get comfortable in bed, so I walked around the house most of the night by myself. We went to the hospital at about nine the next morning. Knowing what I know now, I might have waited longer because once I got there, the staff seemed to be in kind of a hurry to get the show on the road. I labored all day, and once I'd been up for 36 ours or so, I took some Fentinyl in my IV because I wanted to have some energy left for pushing. But I pushed for an hour and a half with no progress at all, and a drop in the baby's heartbeat, I had an urgent C-section. The doc said I could have pushed forever and my daughter would have stayed stuck with her head cocked.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:04 AM on Jun. 4, 2013

• I went to pee at 4 am and the toilet filled with bright red blood ... My twins were born after 43 hours labour, including back labour, and an emergency c-section.
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 3:02 AM on Jun. 4, 2013

• All 3 times I went into labor naturally I woke up in labor. No real signs beforehand that I noticed, just woke early in the morning due to strong contractions.

Answer by missanc at 6:45 AM on Jun. 4, 2013

• Woke up at 5 am to a puddle in my bed, but no noticeable contractions until about 9 am with the first. Second I woke up about 7 am to medium contractions. First was born about 10 hours after water broke, second was born about 3 hours later.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:24 AM on Jun. 4, 2013

• With my water breaking - both times.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:54 AM on Jun. 4, 2013

• with my dd, I didn't know I was in labor. My back was hurting but I didn't think anything of it b/c I have arthritis so I just thought it was hurting b/c I was getting big. I went in to see my ob/gyn on my lunch break and he said "well, we have to admit you, you're in labor" I had her the next day at 1:20pm, she was 3 weeks early.

with my ds, I was pulling clothes out of the washing machine and I felt like I had to take a major dump. Well, I didn't and my belly was continuously hurting, so I said "oh shit, we gotta go to the hospital" (it was like 8 something at night) dh ran my dd over to my mom's house (next door) and we headed to the hospital, I had him the next day at 3:44pm. He was 4 weeks early
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:08 AM on Jun. 4, 2013

• #1: moved a week before my due date and refused to sit back and just direct traffic I don't do sit-on-the-sidelines very well. I feel that I can't ask of others what I myself won't do.

#2: planned C-section.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:11 AM on Jun. 4, 2013

• #1 Was due July 12th, went in to be induced July 8th, & was already at 4cm, but didn't know it. No contractions until after they broke my water. Went natural, 12 hrs of labor, pushed for maybe 20-1/2 hr.
    #2 Was due April 24th. The 23rd I was nesting big time, had pulled all this stuff out of the kitchen cabinets, bent over to get my cat's toy out from under these bags I'd pulled out, & my water broke. Went to hospital, did a lot of walking, & 18 hrs later ds was born
    #3 Was due June 11th, got induced on due date. 9 hrs in was at 9cm, but his heart rate dropped & had to go in for emer. c-sec.
    #4 Was on total bedrest, spent 7 wks total in high risk ward of hospital. They took me in & gave me a c-section & had her a month early
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 11:18 AM on Jun. 4, 2013

• Number one... contractions turned into water breaking and had him 13 hours later... pushed for 4 hours.

Number 2... had contractions for 3 days so went in to make sure he was okay (too much fluid=high risk), was in labor and had him that night.

Number 3... woke up at 2 am to strong contractions... laid around so DH could sleep until 6... went in and was already at 5 and had him quickly thereafter. Pushed twice.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 1:03 PM on Jun. 4, 2013

• Congrats by the way!! Best wishes for an EASY & healthy labor & delivery!!
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 7:39 AM on Jun. 5, 2013