What's the best formula for reflux?

I'm using gerber good start soothe ... He sleeps throughout the night but is super fussy during the day .... Arches his back, really stiff and is hard to feed in your arms. Occasionally spits up but could be from me propping up the bottle and not holding him

gNa_ma38

Asked by gNa_ma38 at 1:44 AM on Jun. 4, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't know about formulas,but I used a natural supplement called Gripewater when my daughter was a baby, and it seemed to help her.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:50 AM on Jun. 4, 2013

• I used similac sensitive with rice for my son. he was also prescribed zantac. you HAVE to hold the baby when you feed him. Don't prop the bottle, seriously, it doesn't take long to feed a baby. I also recommend those Playtex bottles with the drop ins b/c you can squeeze the extra air out to help with spit up. Burp the baby after ever 2-3 ounces until he's done.
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:03 AM on Jun. 4, 2013

• it could be the formula. Although my son had to have medicine for his acid reflux for a little bit. I sometimes thought he over ate. it would be a good idea to look into a soy formula and try that. It should be the sensitive as Josiemommy suggested.
    good luck!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 10:52 AM on Jun. 4, 2013

• Sounds like gas not reflux. I used Similac Sensitive & Mylicon gas drops (3) in every bottle.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:46 AM on Jun. 4, 2013

• Gripewater- (Mommys' Bliss)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 12:13 PM on Jun. 4, 2013

• I already tried similar sensitive and that made him gassy.
    And if I hold him and feed him it takes 45 min. Who has time for that?
    Hopefully the medicine helps cuz when I hold him he gets stiff and acts like
    Doesn't want it. I keep thinking he's lactose.., cuz I am. I just don't want to
    Keep switching formula I already switched for similac advance to similac sensitive
    Gerber good start soothe
    gNa_ma38

Comment by gNa_ma38 (original poster) at 4:13 PM on Jun. 4, 2013

• "And if I hold him and feed him it takes 45 min. Who has time for that? "

You must MAKE the time. That's part of the Mom Gig. Babies take a LOT of time and energy. Propping is dangerous not because of the gas but because baby can choke and DIE. It's an unsafe practice.

45 minute feedings won't last long. Better to invest time in them than to risk investing in a headstone that lasts an eterntuy.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:18 PM on Jun. 4, 2013

• Well I think the medicine is helping cuz I fed him propped
    Up like u guys said and he ate in 10min. I think more than anything
    He is fussy cuz he just got his shots yesterday. I'm not use to this mommy thing...
    But I know I need patience:) slowly but surely I'm learning
    gNa_ma38

Comment by gNa_ma38 (original poster) at 6:37 PM on Jun. 4, 2013

• And if I hold him and feed him it takes 45 min. Who has time for that?

You make time. That baby is your #1 priority right now, NOTHING is more important than his well being. If he is gassy, try to burp him after every 2-3 ounces. there are different methods, try them all until you ifnd one that works for him. GL

josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 6:39 PM on Jun. 4, 2013