so should i stop?

I woke up the other morning, swearing that im pregnant. I just have this feeling that i am. I had some dizziness and nausea but nothing serious (my period isnt due till next week) so i know i have to wait to test but i was wondering i have started cutting back on smoking just in case but should i watch my coffee intake. i also drink a lot of redbull should i stop...last week when i kept drinking it (unaware that i could possibly be pg) could it have hurt my baby if iam?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:42 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• by a lot of redbull its only like 1 or 2 every other day or so
    Anonymous

• you should stop smoking for sure. as for the coffee a little is fine they say two cups a day. id probably stop drinking the red bull though its got a tone of crap in it that cant be healthy i dont think it would hurt baby though. good luck.
    Anonymous

• Just in case it would be best to cut out anything that might harm the baby. If you aren't pregnant, then by the time you test you won't have lost much time, and if you are, then you'll be taking care of the baby even before he or she is a twinkle in your eye.

Answer by Bmat at 7:47 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Definitely stop anything that would harm the little baby. I was a smoker and heavy coffee drinker. I stopped when I had a feeling I was pregnant (thought I was at 1.5 weeks and found out for sure at 2.5 weeks.)
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 7:52 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Smoking is a very tough habit to kick and if there is a possibility that you are expecting you should stop. Smoking decreases the amount of oxygen that goes to your baby. Smoking will decrease the amount of oxygen to the placenta and can cause babies to have a low birth rate and other serious complications. Even if it turns out you aren't preggo and you stop smoking, you are doing your body some good. Studies have shown that people who have stopped smoking can in time reverse the damage already done from smoking. I smoked just before i found out i was preggo with my son and the thought of him not getting enough oxygen was enough to stop smoking right away. As far as red bull, having too much caffeine has been linked to low birth wieght, delivering prematurly, and birth defects. I am a coffee drinker for sure and I do sometimes have more than the recommended one cup per day but i pay attention more to what i am drinking
    lawstudentmommy

Answer by lawstudentmommy at 7:55 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Smoking, yes you should stop, although I can't say much about that because it took me about 3 months to stop comepletely, however, the coffee... I had the same question because I'm a coffee drinker, my doc said that two cups (like mentioned above) was fine, however, decaf is probably best if you plan to drink more then that, and the redbull... Any energy drink is unhealthy for you, let alone baby.
    TheLaakSmith

Answer by TheLaakSmith at 7:57 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Yeah, cut back on the caffeine but don't worry too much if you just have to have one red bull and give in. Limit yourself to no more than 300 MG of caffeine per day.

Here's a link with a list of beverages and their caffeine content.
    http://www.cspinet.org/new/cafchart.htm
    BatGirl1415

Answer by BatGirl1415 at 8:30 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• everything I've read says a cup of coffee a day, nothing with more caffeine then that, including sodas and DEFFENTLY including red bull or any other energy drink. I doubt it's done any damage yet, but you should definitely stop drinking the energy drinks and only drink a cup of coffee

Gaberielle

Answer by Gaberielle at 8:39 PM on Feb. 17, 2009