Cilantro

i bought some fresh cilantro at the market the other day because i wanted to try a different herb. the thing is i dont really know what dishes to put it in! isn't it best in Mexican dishes? im making enchiladas tonight... should i add some?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 8:57 AM on Jun. 4, 2013 in Food & Drink

• carni asada is one item I know that has it. I personally cant stand the taste. I would add it to the burritos. Try something different
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:00 AM on Jun. 4, 2013

• My sister uses it in her salsa.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 9:32 AM on Jun. 4, 2013

• My mom always put in her Texas caviar dip, but I'm sure it would be fine in enchiladas.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 9:13 AM on Jun. 4, 2013

• You can use this in any food that calls for parsley, it gives everything a little kick, you can't go wrong.

Answer by older at 9:28 AM on Jun. 4, 2013

• I throw a little in salad. I like it with rice. I use it when making fish or shrimp. I used to get it to use in guacamole, but I've found a lot of uses for it. Some people think it tastes like soap if you use too much, so it's best to start off with a little and add until you get it right for your taste.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:39 AM on Jun. 4, 2013

• I love it in my salsa, But this is a very potent herb so use it sparingly!!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:54 AM on Jun. 4, 2013

• lime pairs well with cilantro and does a wonderful job enhancing the flavor
    i add to salads
    and
    EVOO and garlic as a poultry marinade
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:26 AM on Jun. 4, 2013

• with avocado for guacamole
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 10:40 AM on Jun. 4, 2013

• I love cilantro rice.. blend cilantro with onions, garlic, seasonings.. boil rice in it. Delicious!
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 10:49 AM on Jun. 4, 2013

• yes ,like others said it is great.Add it chopped fine with the filling or sprinkle on top after cooking.We love cilantro rice also ,it is as easy as pp said, in guac.,tortilla soup ,shredded pork tacos

My husband and 16.y.o. son tell me frequently they don't like cilantro....oh ok ....I use it in cooking Mexican food ALL the time and they inhale the food and compliment it...lol. I think they wouldn't like it by itself maybe but I'm not telling them they eat it all the time ...haha

drfink

Answer by drfink at 11:45 AM on Jun. 4, 2013