My baby fell yesterday and hit the back of her head. she's only 9 months. she fell iust below one feet, but I'm still nervous. i watched for any signs that could be wrong, but so far she isn't no signs except weakness and I noticed that she might be feeling sick from a stomach virus. she's sleeping now, but she moves once and a while. should i still be worried??

AznMom2012

Asked by AznMom2012 at 11:54 AM on Jun. 4, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Lethargy (tiredness) & vomiting are bad signs after a fall. Bring her to the Emergency Room or call a Pediatrician that you use? Call Now or go!!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:57 AM on Jun. 4, 2013

• I would call her doctor NOW
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:58 AM on Jun. 4, 2013

• She's not vomiting, as for the tiredness, after her fall I didn't let her sleep for awhile. After the fall she just cried for a little, but she after that she was eating. Her motor skills is normal and she's babbling like she normally does.
    AznMom2012

Comment by AznMom2012 (original poster) at 12:05 PM on Jun. 4, 2013

• Aside from that her fever came before her fall.
    AznMom2012

Comment by AznMom2012 (original poster) at 12:06 PM on Jun. 4, 2013

• She is very young. She should be seen by a physician. If you are concerned, perhaps calling her Pediatrician's office and telling the nurse what you said here might net you a more favorable response. They will ask you questions and then tell you if you need to bring her in or what to look for in the event they don't feel they need to see her. Nobody here can help you.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:11 PM on Jun. 4, 2013

• Are you fucken serious? Go to the god damn doctor. Parenting 101 if your INFANT falls and hits their head go to the doctor. I mean really. Coming on this damn site and asking advice from TOTAL STRANGERS who are not doctors. Pull your head out of your ass and be a parent. For fuck's sake you make me sick.
    Anonymous

• You should be at the doctor already. Scoot!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:34 PM on Jun. 4, 2013

• Damn! Stop trying to find reasons NOT to go to the ER and just go!
    uwmilf

Answer by uwmilf at 12:42 PM on Jun. 4, 2013

• Sounds like she needs to see a doctor anyway. Stop being lazy mom! Take her to a damn doctor!
    uwmilf

Answer by uwmilf at 12:43 PM on Jun. 4, 2013

• My grandson fell when he was 6 months and was fine after we watched him all night the next day he started throwing up so we rushed to the er and the doctor said he was fine and the throwing up is just a virus. he also said he is more worried if a child falls from a couch or bed and not from a standing position.

if you are worried you should take her but if she is acting normal and she had a fever before the fall she may just have a virus.
    Hope she feels better soon
    Anonymous