Oven fried chicken recipes

There are so many different oven fried chicken recipes. Do you have one that your family really likes? I'm tempted to try the bisquick one tonight.

PandaGwen

Asked by PandaGwen at 12:00 PM on Jun. 4, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I just dip the chicken in egg and then roll it in bread crumbs and bake until they are cooked through. I use the Italian bread crumbs and usually add some other spices to it.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:12 PM on Jun. 4, 2013

• Best Ever Baked Chicken

1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
    1/4 cup ranch dressing
    1/2 cup corn flakes, crushed
    1/2 cup shredded parmesan
    1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
    1 tablespoon sage
    1/2 teaspoon salt

Marinate the chicken in the ranch dressing overnight (or for at least 4 hours).

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).

Combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, black pepper, sage and salt and mix well. Coat the marinated breasts in the breading mixture and place in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, then REDUCE HEAT to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake for 30 minutes or until done and juices run clear.

Serves 4.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:20 PM on Jun. 4, 2013

• i like to coat mine in sour cream first. then crush up ritz crackers and roll the covered chicken in the cracker crumbs. finally, drizzle with melted butter and bake.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:21 PM on Jun. 4, 2013

• There's one on the back of the hidden valley Italian dressing packets I use all the time. It's basically an envelope of dressing mix, Panko breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and garlic powder. It's pretty good.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:26 PM on Jun. 4, 2013

• My family likes this one with a crunchy cornmeal coating. We're not wild about chili powder, so I usually cut that in half, at least, and add a smidge of garlic salt and some onion flakes. The cornmeal and flour is the starting point, but you can season the chicken how you want. I've used buttermilk in place of the milk as well.

Spicy Oven-Fried Chicken

1/2 c. yellow cornmeal
    1/2 c. all purpose flour
    1 1/2 tsp. salt
    1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
    1/2 tsp. oregano leaves, crushed
    1/4 tsp. pepper
    2 to 3 1/2 lb. broiler-fryer, cut up
    1/2 c. milk
    1/3 c. butter, melted

Combine cornmeal, flour, salt, chili powder, oregano and pepper. Dip chicken pieces in milk; coat with corn meal mixture. Place chicken, skin side up, in large shallow baking pan; drizzle butter over chicken. Bake in preheated 375 degree oven 50 to 55 minutes.

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1839,159166-254199,00.html
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:31 PM on Jun. 4, 2013

• I like to use Dixie Fry (the boxed seasoning) and oven bake the chicken pieces.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 3:59 PM on Jun. 4, 2013

• Shake n Bake.
    morebee7

Answer by morebee7 at 2:50 AM on Jun. 5, 2013