Im on the longest phone call of my life

and my lunch is screaming at me. i cant eat and talk lol though its mostly the lady updating stuff on her computer.

have you ever been in this predicament?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 12:35 PM on Jun. 4, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Every day!! I eat at my desk and ALWAYS have a ridiculous call as soon as I start eating.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 1:07 PM on Jun. 4, 2013

• I used to work as a switchboard operator years ago, answering 19 phone lines. By the time I came home from work, I NEVER answered my phone unless it was a family member or a close friend - and by close I mean basically my best friend from high school. lol I still, to this day 6 years later, cannot stand to be on the phone any more than I have to be. Most of my friends know that if they want to talk to me, if we're not in person with each other, they're better of texting, emailing, or Facebook messaging me. lol
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 3:34 PM on Jun. 4, 2013

• the total conversation time thus far btw is 46 minutes and counting
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 12:35 PM on Jun. 4, 2013

• Only 46 minutes? I had two last week from from 4-6:30.

Use your mute button and eat unless you have to frequently talk.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 1:11 PM on Jun. 4, 2013

• That would drive me out of my mind. Sometimes I get on the phone and I just want to scream, "Shut up! I'll pay you five bucks if you just shut up!" I did receptionist work for a little while years ago and hated it.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:13 PM on Jun. 4, 2013

• For job interviews. So eat and go to restroom before call, not always possible.
    by2013

Answer by by2013 at 1:19 PM on Jun. 4, 2013

• I'd put her on speaker & eat.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:26 PM on Jun. 4, 2013

• Yes. it's sucks. I'm not exactly following if you need to get off the phone before your lunch is over, or you didn't want it to take your whole lunch, in any case. you may need to ask if this is going to be much longer.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:49 PM on Jun. 4, 2013

• Yes it is difficult.
    morebee7

Answer by morebee7 at 3:21 AM on Jun. 5, 2013