Online sales

I have a website and I do direct sales. I was wondering if any of you had any ideas on how to increase online sales. I have a FB fan page and post on it and also on my personal FB page as well as in groups that I am in on there. Any other suggestions?

AvonLady317

Asked by AvonLady317 at 3:39 PM on Jun. 4, 2013 in Money & Work

• Are you using Twitter and/or Pinterest?  You can advertise in your local newspapers.     Also, I don't know much about this site, but it's brand new and supposedly more "small business" oriented than say Linkedin.   It's called Kaleio.  You can check out my post about it. 

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:56 PM on Jun. 4, 2013

• You have to be passionate about your product.
    Also, people can't experience your products online. They can't smell the fragrances, they can't tell if the colors match their skin tone.
    Online is probably NOT the best venue for you to gain sales. It is convenient for those who have a favorite product to re-order it, but you will not gain many new customers online.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 4:51 PM on Jun. 4, 2013

• The question would also come down to how many consultants/distributors your company has. The more distributors, the more the online presence is and the harder it will be to distinguish yourself. There are a couple of sites that are great to get your name and information placed on and that helps get your name up in searches on google.
    ZanderandBella

Answer by ZanderandBella at 7:59 PM on Jun. 4, 2013

• Let people know what you sell, Wear a pin or give out flyer's . I wear my product and get asked all the time and manage to sell some items. My bank has a small business table I can set business cards out.
    by2013

Answer by by2013 at 10:13 PM on Jun. 4, 2013