So how is everyone in the world of electricity?

We haven't had power since Friday night. We were trying to tough it out, because we kept thinking it would come back on any minute, but they say it won't be back on until Thursday night so we're staying with family for a couple days. I'm not too thrilled about it lol but I've missed having electricity. It's like a breath of fresh air lol.

So how has everyone been?

Hollyhock.

Asked by Hollyhock. at 6:03 PM on Jun. 4, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I realized how addicted I am to technology when my dog chewed through the Internet/phone and cable wires and we had no internet or tv for like 3 hours before bed then 3 hours in the morning before the cable guy could come out and fix the cable...
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 6:13 PM on Jun. 4, 2013

• We were concerned about you during the storms the other night. Bummer about the power loss.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:13 PM on Jun. 4, 2013

Cassie, that's so funny! I had an African grey parrot I was fostering chew through my phone and Internet line years ago, and I felt like I was a grounded teenager till I could get someone out to fix it. He'd never seen anything like it; the bird had built a nest and laid an egg behind her cage, and that happened to be where the phone line plugged into the wall. The repairman thought it was so funny he didn't even charge me for the service call.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:17 PM on Jun. 4, 2013

• I know, stinking animals sometimes!!! ^^^
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 6:19 PM on Jun. 4, 2013

• I hear ya! We were without power for a week from hurricane Sandy. It was freezing cold in the house though. We went into the basement because that was the warmest place in the house (it's finished thank goodness). It was so cold that my kids had red chapped cheeks. I heated soup in the can under hot water from the sink & BBQ'd everything else. Others had it much worse though. The whole Island was mostly without power so there was nowhere to go. Finally my Sister got hers back on day 6 & that morning I had enough & cried I was so cold. We were ready to go to my Sisters when the electricity finally came on. Heat was the biggest issue. GL & I hope yours comes on soon :(
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:43 PM on Jun. 4, 2013

• I have been without during hurricanes in Miami, for over two weeks, and I can relate.......it sucks.....

Answer by older at 8:13 PM on Jun. 4, 2013

• Aww- that does suck. I hope you got all your important stuff out of the fridge & freezer, or you will be doing some grocery shopping when it does come back on. Not to mention throwing away a bunch of stinky stuff. When we lost power last summer, we all made our own sundaes & played board games by lantern & candle light. Glad you have a place to stay tho. Hang in there mama. *hugs*

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:58 PM on Jun. 4, 2013

• This is the first time I've been without power for so long. I don't like it it lol. It's crazy how much you miss it! My mom has all of our refrigerator stuff so at least we don't have to worry about that. I am glad that the only thing we have to worry about is electricity though. I keep trying to remember that lol.
    Hollyhock.

Comment by Hollyhock. (original poster) at 9:53 PM on Jun. 4, 2013

• the only time im glad we dont have OG&E is during severe weather...they have so many customers that it takes them a while to get the power back on. they're cheaper tho! DH's work has no electricity either. im glad you have somewhere to stay till the lights get back on!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:23 AM on Jun. 5, 2013