Cute ideas for a smaller wedding? Alternatives to a traditional wedding?

My fiance and I are expecting our second child in December 2013 and we are planning to get married in October of 2014.

I have done ZERO planning for the wedding and initially we had planned on booking a big venue and going all out...but lately I'm thinking I might not want to do that anymore.

What are some cute ideas for a smaller wedding/reception? What are some alternative ideas we could do to celebrate our union without a full out wedding?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:15 PM on Jun. 4, 2013 in Just for Fun

• what do you consider a full out wedding?

for me, a full out wedding, is getting a legal document issued by the state stating he's stuck with me...
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 8:21 PM on Jun. 4, 2013

• LOL

full out wedding for me = booking a big venue, having a huge ceremony with family and friends there, reception hall decorated and catering to every guest, formal invitations, wedding party consisting of 5-6 bridesmaids and groomsmen...the whole enchilada.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:23 PM on Jun. 4, 2013

• You couldn't pay me to do the whole enchilada again. Actually, I had a lighter version of the enchilada last time--one maid of honor and one best man, reception in the church basement. But if I ever get married a second time, I'm going to Vegas.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:28 PM on Jun. 4, 2013

• I had the whole thing the first time and the marriage didnt last. My dh and I eloped, think destination wedding!

Answer by missanc at 8:47 PM on Jun. 4, 2013

• I went to Vegas and brought 2 friends we spent 2500 and that included everything flights wedding at little white wedding chapel, hotel drinking and even a fancy dinner at the Stratosphere spinning restaurant oh and we also went to some shows....but this will not work for you since you are preggos lol
    Is there any thing that means something to you like mini golf or a certain place like bowling you could do a neat wedding like that or how bout on a boat
    pinkparcel

Answer by pinkparcel at 8:58 PM on Jun. 4, 2013

• ballad
    vegas baby!
    SO and i have agreed. if we do this we are going to vegas :)
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:19 PM on Jun. 4, 2013

• First wedding was 300 people, church wedding. ( to those who know me, church wedding?yeah I know, I was still trying/struggling to believe in God back then) Huge dress, organ music, angelic solo singers. All the bells and whistles. Professional photography, harp player at the reception. The second wedding was in my living room, yes there was a priest, because my husband wanted one. About 20 people. reception on the back porch. And we gave people diposable camers for our pictures.

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 9:32 PM on Jun. 4, 2013

• gray187

Answer by gray187 at 10:19 PM on Jun. 4, 2013

• DH & i had a small wedding. we found a small (not cheesy haha) chapel that pretty much did everything for us. we picked the flavors for the cake and took care of our own clothes, but everything else was done by the chapel, decorations, photographer, napkins. we did bring our own favors and flowers, but even then the owners gave us a person who did them for cheap if it was their chapel. it was WONDERFUL! all i had to worry about was how i looked and if DH got there on time haha. i think the whole thing (tux & my real wedding dress) was like $3K. we only had one bridesmaid and one groomsmen. we also didnt have a meal, just cake, mints, and champagne. no body even noticed cause the wedding started at 2.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:52 PM on Jun. 4, 2013