Cure my Ignorance

Sticking to the commercial theme of the last question let's talk about Target.

I've seen an all spanish version of this commercial (i think it's this one, it comes on much earlier during the day and I can't verify right now) the past several days on English Language channels. Several of them in fact.

It's called cross over advertising and I guess has been happening for a while.

My question: (yes, I looked but couldn't find anything) Do Spanish language stations i.e. Telemundo, play English Language commercials?

feralxat

Asked by feralxat at 8:17 PM on Jun. 4, 2013 in Entertainment

• Not that I've ever seen or my dh. They might now but we don't watch any of those networks anymore.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 9:57 PM on Jun. 4, 2013

• I don't know for sure, but my guess would be no, there are probably not many, if there are any, English commercials on Spanish TV. There are a lot of Spanish-speaking people who partially understand English or want to understand it better by listening to TV programs, or who wish to watch shows not available on Spanish television, that view the English channels. The market of English-speaking viewers tuning into Spanish media is not nearly as big.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:34 PM on Jun. 4, 2013

• Been a while since I watched (which is why all my Spanish is slipping away again), but the closest I remember were the cheesy BUY NOW 800 number types where the voice over was Spanish, but they left the occasional word spoken by the actors in English (This really works! or Ouch! and so on)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:18 AM on Jun. 5, 2013

• yes. when I was in Puerto Rico, the tv channels were in Spanish but did have some English commercials
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:43 PM on Jun. 5, 2013

• idk never watched a Spanish station
    AnonNdrag

Answer by AnonNdrag at 8:19 PM on Jun. 12, 2013