Can too much vitamin B6 elevate liver levels?

My test came back elevated, but I don't drink a lot.

I was taking high doses of vitamin B6 for PMS, and a friend told me this could cause it. I left my doctor a message, but haven't heard from him yet. Has anyone had experience with this?

Thanks! Please pray I'm OK. I'm scared!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on Jun. 4, 2013 in Health

• I doubt the b6 had anything to do with it, B vitamins are typically good for your liver. Thinking good thoughts for you concerning your tests!

Answer by missanc at 8:52 PM on Jun. 4, 2013

• I had elevated liver enzymes due to gall stones. I subsequently had my gallbladder removed & I'm fine. Are you having gallbladder issues? Is your skin or whites of the eyes yellowed? Mine were. Just a thought.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:09 PM on Jun. 4, 2013

• I was going to suggest gallstones as well. Who knew that little organ, the size of a grape, could cause so much trouble? Do you have issues with spicy or greasy foods?

You're in my thoughts and prayers. It's probably best to check with your doctor before taking high doses of anything, including vitamins.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:07 PM on Jun. 4, 2013