Do you have happy marriage, if so what is your secret. If not, why not?

AmyLynn5398

Asked by AmyLynn5398 at 7:57 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• Happily married almost 25 years. Secret: A husband who tolerates me.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 7:59 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I have a very happy marriage. The secret? I'm not sure. But we're honest with each other. We do argue, but it ends within 10 minutes. We never go to bed angry. We never swear at each other. We never call each other names. We both have great family backgrounds and we're very family oriented. We love each other and we both know it. We trust each other completely.
    Anonymous

• Happily married for 10 years: I have a good dh and I try to be content with everything we have and the way life is.
    Anonymous

• Yes. We communicate often...every single day in fact. We have sex at least 2 times a week...it brings us closer on so many levels. We agree to disagree. Divorce is not an option so we might as well work everything out and be happy together. If either of us (usually me) has any sort of issue, we bring it to the table right away so it doesnt sit and marinate. We also see God as the leader of our marriage. That is the absolutely largest reason for our success.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 8:02 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• We don't argue, we sit down and talk threw things. We don't compete with each other. We try to see each others point of view and keep an open mind. We see our relationship as a partnership. We can call each other on BS and not get defensive.

We genuinely enjoy each others company, love to do activities together. We touch each other a lot. We always kiss goodbye and say " I love you" at least once a day. We end texts with "I love you" as well.

We try to do something nice and thoughtful for the other person, daily.

nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 8:06 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Very happy, and we'll celebrate our 12th wedding anniversary this year. Honestly though, I can't really tell you the secret to our happiness. It's just always been effortless for us. We've never really fought. We've been through a lot together through the years, including major medical problems, financial problems, stuff like that. Weathering the storms together, we've always been able to band together, lean on each other, and get through it. We enjoy being around each other, have fun together, communicate well. Maybe the secret was just picking the perfect guy for me.

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:11 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Yes, I do. I don't think there are any secrets to having a happy marriage. We love each other, we love our kids. We can't imagine life without the other. We fight, we go through cycles. We say I love you before going to sleep, or one of us going somewhere. We both know that the other puts up with our shit, and that most likely no one else would.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 8:25 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Yes, very happy! I think the key is that we are friends. A lot of things can damage a realationship that does't have a strong base of "Like" as well as having Love. Love can fade in and out during the course of a marriage, but if you genuinly Like someone too, then that can sustain you. That and a good chemistry in the bedroom. That is a big one too!
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 9:46 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Absolutely happy, giddy, wonderfully blessed. Our secret, we always communicate, always. Even when it's hard, even when it would be easy to just brush it under the carpet, we communicate and we NEVER walk away angry, ever.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 10:07 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Very happy for almost 19 years. Our secret, we knew each other before we got married. We are compatible in every way. We appreciate what each of us does for the other and for our family. We don't try to be the others parent. And our sex drives are the same. We actually enjoy each other.

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 10:38 PM on Feb. 17, 2009