Do you have anything planted this year?

I have my ponderosa lemon tree seedlings, a fuschia, strawberries, 3 tomato plants and an orchid in the ground.

I have 6 veggie starts that need to get in the dirt.

My tulips came up early and died fast this year.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 1:06 AM on Jun. 5, 2013 in Home & Garden

• We planted a mini lemon tree on earth day its growing well we also have peas cilantro and a bug eating plant
    Cherriemama831

Answer by Cherriemama831 at 1:22 AM on Jun. 5, 2013

• not this year. last year was so dry DH got frustrated and refused to do it this year. which is hilarious since we've had a butt load of rain lately. i do have a rose bush that blooms giant pink blooms every 2 days. i trim them and keep them inside, they are beautiful!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:37 AM on Jun. 5, 2013

• I've got a bunch of hanging flower baskets and a giant pot full of herbs, a mini tomato plant, some unknown type of bean DD started in preschool, and green beans. I moved all of my hostas closer to the house to keep the deer off them and they are doing great and have not been munched! :)
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 1:42 AM on Jun. 5, 2013

• Planted, 8 tomatoes, several potatoes, cabbage, eggplant, lettuce, celery, 4 different peppers, and tomatillos. still needing to be planted, celeriac, cardune, zucchini, and cucumbers 

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 2:00 AM on Jun. 5, 2013

• I have just enough yard for the dog to pee. :(
    I have to buy my hanging baskets. Glad I waited- It's going down into the 30's tonight!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:06 AM on Jun. 5, 2013

• I've planted mostly in pots and on a rail planter. 4 awesome orange-yellow begonias in the front, except it's been raining too much and has been drowning them. I have assorted lilies in the back, with petunias, and my mandevilla are growing back and usually bloom in late summer.

I still need to find perennials to make my tree flower bed. I haven't found any good ones online or in local stores so far. I might just plant some annuals. I wish I could plant more but my yard is so tiny and kids always run through it and annoying neighbors down the block hang out in it for some reason (ugh I really don't get these people in my neighborhood at all!)
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 3:09 AM on Jun. 5, 2013

• I have day lillies planted out front that I'm just watching because I've never seen them before. It's interesting seeing which flowers have died during the night, and which are opening up for the sun in the morning.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:47 AM on Jun. 5, 2013

• Oh gosh yes! Zucchini, eggplants, three types of tomato, sweet peppers, cayenne pepper, green onions, ordinary onions, leeks, two types of potato, melons, squash... and probably other stuff that I've forgotten about.

I also replaced all my evening glory with marigolds and california poppies. I wanted a change in colour!

winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 4:01 AM on Jun. 5, 2013

• Just flowers ,herbs and a few lettuce plants.We are in limbo whether or not we are moving this summer or mid fall. I hate waiting.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 7:42 AM on Jun. 5, 2013

• I bought a hanging basket with some flowers--can't remember the name of them now--that do well in the shade. I really don't get enough sun on my porch to do more than that, I've found, after several disappointing years. My daughter has some mustard greens seeds, of all things, that she was given at school. So if it's not too late, maybe we'll plant them at my aunt's house so she can see them grow.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:47 PM on Jun. 5, 2013