Would you buy universal handcuff keys?

For emergencies, like if burglars handcuffed you...or for the kinky stuff  (wink) Handcuff keys are now being sold hidden in zippers and can pass through metal detectors because they're plastic.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/cheap-key-promises-freedom-cops-cuffs-article-1.1363361

hellokittykat

Asked by hellokittykat at 3:13 AM on Jun. 5, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I am very bothered by this. It's one thing if they sold it to law enforcement only, but to sell it to anyone is absurd. My husband is a LEO and I would hate to know that he was injured due to someone having this key. 

bad

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:15 AM on Jun. 5, 2013

• I got my kid toy handcuffs at Christmas, and they came with 2 keys. I knew he'd lose them, so I put one on my keyring just in case (they can be opened without the key, but he really loves the key. You should see the looks I've gotten when people have seen a handcuff key on my keyring. lol

It kind of seems like a good idea, but then again...I was handcuffed once in my entire life (by my maid of honor for my bachelorette party, aside from my kid doing it with his a time or two), so I'm not sure there's much call for it.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:36 AM on Jun. 5, 2013

• I think accidental handcuffings happen more on TV sitcoms than in real life!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:35 PM on Jun. 5, 2013

• I wouldn't think there'd be much of a need. If a burglar handcuffed me, I probably wouldn't have the key on me anyway because it would be the middle of the night or at some other inopportune time. I wonder if gang members and such would buy the keys in case their buddies got arrested and managed to escape the police.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:34 PM on Jun. 5, 2013

• no need for it.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:50 PM on Jun. 5, 2013

• No and never cross my mind.
    morebee7

Answer by morebee7 at 1:32 AM on Jun. 6, 2013

• Yeah, I was just asking this to get some points, but it's obviously a bad a idea and will get into the hands of bad people.
    hellokittykat

Comment by hellokittykat (original poster) at 11:19 PM on Jun. 6, 2013