South Miami Beach W Hotel promotes and protects prostitution

A lady who was walking in the lobby of the W Hotel in South Miami Beach was beaten by the regular prostitutes of the hotel who thought she was stealing their work because she was walking with her husband.

The hotel helped the prostitutes escape by calling them cabs before police could arrive. The hotel refuses to turn over their security camera tapes and denies that they know the prostitutes. Local residents and tourists have confirmed that it happens all the time there.

Wow, this totally changes what factors I need to consider whenever I need to book a vacation hotel.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/hookers-allegedly-beat-woman-competition-article-1.1362691

hellokittykat

Asked by hellokittykat at 3:25 AM on Jun. 5, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Whoever is refusing to cooperate w/ the police should also be charged w/ obstruction! I hope that woman gets a huge settlement & they shut the whorehouse down.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:30 PM on Jun. 5, 2013

• The whores must be constantly busy beating other women up, considering the area and plethora of scantily clad women.  I don't know how they would assume that she was a prostitute unless there is such a thing as whore-dar.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:22 AM on Jun. 5, 2013

• That is so sickening, well the hotel will have no do it soon. I am sure a court order is in the works right now. If I was that woman I would be suing the hell out that hotel.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:25 AM on Jun. 5, 2013

• So they make more $$ from promoting that, than from tourism?! That's just ridiculous. That place needs to be shut down.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:27 PM on Jun. 5, 2013

• I sat in a nice national-brand hotel in the LA suburbs that had a cluster of working ladies in and out. My coworkers and I watched a scantily clad young girl spend half an hour smooching on two overweight middle-aged men right near the entrance. Later we saw a pimp (purple suit, flashy jewelry, etc) come in talking to the front desk for a while.

I'm sure this activity is common everywhere. But shame on the hotel for not cooperating! They should be sued.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 1:44 PM on Jun. 5, 2013

• Beating someone up in a hotel lobby, for any reason whatsoever, is nothing but thuggery. The hotel staff who called cabs and won't turn over the tapes should be charged for contributing to a crime or helping criminals to escape.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:22 PM on Jun. 5, 2013

• thats crazy!
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:57 AM on Jun. 5, 2013