Why are men so lazy and stupid!?!

Of course I don't mean all. So my husband, 2 kids, and I live in a 3 bedroom apt with our friend/ roommate. Now he's a 30 year old man who just got out of a 4 year engagement cause his fiancée cheated. Now I don't ask much of the guys. All I ask is that if you piss all over the rim of the bowl, clean it up!!! Ik it's not my husband cause I've walked into the bathroom after both of them. We've lived here together almost a year and I know it's him cause I always walk into the bathroom after him and ik I've already cleaned it prior. It's not just a few drops either its the entire rim of the bowl in dark yellow droplets. I work full time, I come home after being gone 10 hrs a day every day and the first thing I see is piss I have to clean. I swear I'm gonna start pissing all over the seat when he's had Taco Bell so when he has to take a shit he has to clean my piss first. I've said something numerous times. He always Denies it was him. Why do men do this

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Jun. 5, 2013 in Home & Garden

• Because they don't have to clean after themselves, they will sit to poop in pee without giving it second thought.....now not all of them are this way, there are a few exceptions, and those usually turn out to be in the OCD spectrum.....;

Answer by older at 9:07 AM on Jun. 5, 2013

• I don't know, I have a husband and 3 sons, and I think they all know better!! Don't have a big problem with this at my house.

This is why I don't like roommates though. You both are adults, both have your own ideas of how to live, and are stuck living with each other. Spouses and kids are different.

Good luck.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:10 AM on Jun. 5, 2013

• Is there just the 1 bathroom? I couldn't do it. My 4 yo still has some target issues, but even he knows to take some toilet paper and wipe it off!

Answer by missanc at 9:14 AM on Jun. 5, 2013

• I grew up in a house full of males and have a son and had a husband...they never did this.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:14 AM on Jun. 5, 2013

• In general because they've been allowed to get away with it.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 9:14 AM on Jun. 5, 2013

• Agree that it's gross! I've got 2 boys & dh, so I know what you're talking about. I'd purchase some disinfectant wipes, set em on the back of the toilet, & ask him to wipe the rim after he goes... Or make it his job to clean the toilet every week. GL
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 9:18 AM on Jun. 5, 2013

• You could always do what I did when my boy wanted to do this for a little while. I would walk back out of the bathroom and in the middle of the main living area, I'd say, "Who peed all over the seat? Go clean it up." OR, when I would go in right after he'd come out, I'd loudly say, "(Child), get your butt back in here and clean up all the pee you put on this seat." He did not like having it announced, even if it was only me and his brother. lol I think I had to do it maybe 3 times before he stopped.

And seriously, I'm enough of a bitch that I would do that to a grown man, too, and in front of his guests, if he has them. (I didn't do it in front of my son's friends)
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 9:22 AM on Jun. 5, 2013

• I really don't know how you deal with something like that. My first thought is what missanc said. There is only one bathroom?

I guess you just get used to it or you make him move out. IDK what else you can do.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:32 AM on Jun. 5, 2013

• It has to do with respect and it also has to do with training. Apparently, this dude missed both lessons. A year is a pretty long time to keep a house guest, so I would suggest it's time for him to move on to somewhere else. Disrespect and sloppiness have a tendency to wear off on those around the perpetrator so I would send him packing and then work on these issues with the other men of the house.

NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:41 AM on Jun. 5, 2013

• Ewwwww
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:27 PM on Jun. 5, 2013