What's the difference between reg. coffee & espresso?

Is it just caff. content? I usually drink 2 travel cups of med.-dark roast coffee a day, but the last time I went to the store I bought espresso, because it was cheaper & I thought I'd heard that it had more caff. in it.... I drank 2 cups of it, then it felt like I had a supercharged caff. buzz.... lmao... I did an hour of zumba & felt like I hadn't done a thing, total energy rush, then I got the jitters afterwards. Ever since then, I haven't had that problem, so was I just having a high energy day or was it the espresso & my body has just adjusted to it already?

HappyEndings

Asked by HappyEndings at 9:40 AM on Jun. 5, 2013 in Food & Drink

• winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 9:46 AM on Jun. 5, 2013

• The difference is in the grind of the beans and the short amount of cooking time. Basically steamed so you get that nice bold flavor of the beans.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 9:47 AM on Jun. 5, 2013

• Less water and stronger coffee. Espresso coffee is ground finer.

Answer by louise2 at 2:21 PM on Jun. 5, 2013

• Espresso will light your fuse and rust your pipes! *Smile.*

I had a job I utterly and completely despised once, and the only way I could drag myself there every day was to have a "double shot in the dark" from this little corner coffee shop on the way. Two shots of espresso in a tall cup of dark French roast. I left the job soon after and started my home business because the next step would have been adding Irish whiskey to the cup.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:53 PM on Jun. 5, 2013

• Have you ever been to Germany or Italy and drank their coffee. WELL they have STRONGE coffee. Loved it!

Answer by louise2 at 3:36 PM on Jun. 5, 2013

• lol Ballad, glad you were able to get out of that job before you had to resort to the "hard stuff" haha! louise2 I've heard that they really know how to make a good cup of coffee certain places oversea's! To me, the stronger the better!!! It's so hard to find a decent cup of coffee around here, unless you wanna pay out the wazzoo for it!! 1/2 the places it's like you're drinking hot water... I need something that's gonna give me that get up n go feeling... lol
    HappyEndings

Comment by HappyEndings (original poster) at 11:03 AM on Jun. 6, 2013