leg cramps anyone else?

I'm 34wks pg and for the last week or so I have been having major calf cramps but its only when I'm sleeping. They are so painful that they wake me up and my calf is always sore now. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if so what can I do for them to stop?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:01 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Health

• I had that when I was pregnant, too. You need more potassium. Try eating more bananas.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 8:02 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• bananas and water
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 8:08 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I survived leg cramps by chewing or sucking on a Tums w/Calcium before bedtime. Woke up with big time cotton mouth, BUT it helped immensely with the leg cramps.
    frasermom23

Answer by frasermom23 at 10:27 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Banana's may work, but my midwife told me to take Cal Mag (a calcium and magnesium supplement) 1000mg. It worked for me.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 10:45 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Bananas, water and keep stretching.
    richgirljj

Answer by richgirljj at 11:30 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• First off ask your doctor or call the nurse. But getting up and walking on it helps. Also try heat or ice. I prefer Ice. You can make an ice bag using equal parts of 1/2 rubbing alcohol and 1/2 water, pour in a ziploc bag and freeze. You can make an organic heating pack by filling a sock with rice and microwaving it. Hope this helps. Good Luck
    DAWN-10

Answer by DAWN-10 at 2:03 PM on Feb. 18, 2009